Do you have to dry before claying?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by ModernBlue9, Jan 26, 2014.

1. ModernBlue9

ModernBlue9 New Member

I was wondering, if I am going to spray the vehicle down with clay luber and wipe excess off with a MF towel when done claying, do I need to dry the vehicle after it's washed? Another words, after I wash the vehicle, can I just jump right into claying?

Does it make a difference if I am doing paint correction or just reapplying a sealant after claying?

Im trying to reduce the amount of touching of the vehicle with a towel and save some time. My leaf blower takes forever to get the job done.

The biggest issues I see is water spots, no?

Sorry if this a newbie question.

Thanks!

2. JordanL

JordanL Virgin Detailer

When I have to clay the car I personally wash it , then rinse off all the suds, then I clay with clay lube or just the soap left over from the wash bucket. So in the end I don't dry the car before I clay.

3. ModernBlue9

ModernBlue9 New Member

I saw that on youtube from AMMO's videos.

Do you wash again after clay or just proceed to your next step?

4. JordanL

JordanL Virgin Detailer

Nope, after you wash your car, then you clay, then you can dry it and continue to your LSP or what ever you have planned.

5. ModernBlue9

ModernBlue9 New Member

Awsome! Thanks man!

6. JordanL

JordanL Virgin Detailer

No worries! Feel free to ask any other questions on the forum!

7. ModernBlue9

ModernBlue9 New Member

I'm really looking for ways to cut time, even though I don't do this professionally.

Trick seems to be to cut time without doing things incorrectly.

8. jnicklo

jnicklo New Member

For years I've been doing "Wash > Dry > Clay > Wash > Dry". To think I've been wasting that much time sucks but good to know I can do "Wash > Clay > Dry" now.

9. ModernBlue9

ModernBlue9 New Member

That's what I've worked it down to as well. Will save so much time.

I'm really trying to get my methods down so I can do a full detail (inside and out) in a day, I'm still slow, I know. My first time doing paint correction I spent 10 hours just doing that. Had to seal it the next day. Most important part was I didn't screw anything up, lol.