Do you guys see an y benefits in doing this?

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by J BELL, Jul 1, 2008.

1. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

I use Optimum Protectant Plus (new formula) to properly protect my interior dash and all plastic pieces inside...i just moved and sadly my truck does not fit in the garage, so i have been on a big protection kick as of late...so on to my question..

Do yall see any benefit in layering another dressing such as VRP or Meg's Hyperdressing on top of the OPP to increase the UVA/UVB protection? All input is appreciated..thanks!

Jordan

2. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Probably not necessary. It is my understanding that the glass on today's vehicles filter out most of the UV rays anyway.

3. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I don't think it's really worth the trouble. FWIW, I also put up my sunshade so that's my extra bit of insurance.

4. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

My van has been parked outdoors since I got it three years ago. I treat the dash and door panels with 303 every couple of months and the plastic is still in great shape. Just be consistent with your applications.

5. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

I do mine every couple of weeks because im scared of something cracking and or fading...i might be overdoing it but id rather be on the safe side