Do i need to wax it?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by reystar, Jan 12, 2014.

1. reystar

reystar New Member

Hey guys!

Should i wax my new car? The color of the car is non metallic and Mercedes Benz names it "Cirrus White"

2. JordanL

JordanL Virgin Detailer

Yes! By all means I believe you should do it as soon as possible. That extra layer of protection is important. What kind of wax are you using?

3. reystar

reystar New Member

I'm not using any wax at all, i don't have the car yet, it will be here by end of feb :)

Thogh i thought new cars are already waxxed from the facctory

4. JordanL

JordanL Virgin Detailer

Oh okay and yes some cars have shipping wax but I don't know much detail about it. I still would suggest picking up a wax to do it yourself to have the best on your new purchase. One suggestion that I believe everybody will agree with me on is some Collinite 845. It's amazing and lasts very long (i've seen 5 months and its still going strong). Also if you haven't been already suggested, by all means do NOT let your dealer prep your car for you. It may sound like a nice gesture but in the end its really not. Just let the guy that helped aid in your purchase know a few times to tell the prep guys at the dealer to not touch your car. I'm not saying they will do a horrible job, just from what i've seen on here for new car preps, most are pretty bad and have extensive damage.

5. reystar

reystar New Member

I was looking at the Autofinesse Desire, i read its good one

though, i'm not sure if waxing will have any effect on a white car like the mine, compared to a black or red

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Definitely instruct your dealer to deliver the car with all plastic still on it. You can easily remove it yourself and this will keep the dealer from washing it and doing the kind of damage you can't imagine. Get yourself a quality wash mitt ( Microfibre Madness Incredimitt is fantastic ), some Iron X to decontaminate the paint after washing and some wax or sealant. Waxes can be finicky dependant on weather conditions. Jordans suggestion of 845 is a good one. Goes on easy and is easy to remove. Will make your car look really nice. Have a look at polishedbliss.uk for their wash advice.

7. reystar

reystar New Member

Collinite 845, is pretty cheap compared to Autofinesse Desire, shouldn't Autofinesse Desire be better?

8. JordanL

JordanL Virgin Detailer

[SIZE=10.5pt]From what ive heard Desire is great! I was contemplating picking up a pot at one point. A wax will have an effect on a white car but not as much as a black car as you listed but that still doesn't mean you shouldn't wax it. I maintain a White BMW whenever the weather is good and I get great results. It's all about the prep work that gives you shine, not the wax. But waxing a car isn't just about the reflection that it gives, it's also about the protection. If you have some free time search up AMMO NYC on youtube and watch some /Drive Clean episodes if you haven't already. I learned a great amount of knowledge off of those videos[/SIZE]

reystar likes this.
  9. reystar

reystar New Member

Thanks Jordan, ill check AMMO NYC out :)

For prewaxing, is there any "magic stuff"? (i mean some really good stuff :D)

Also, i'm not really sure how i should prepare the car myself, i don't think Mercedes will damage my car :eek:

10. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Don't associate price with quality. There are a lot of inexpensive detailing products that outperform pricier ones. Cilli 845 is one of the most durable waxes / sealants available at any price. To prep. give the car a thorough wash, decontaminate with clay bar and or Iron X, apply a paintwork cleanser if you want then apply your wax or sealant. It's not hard, just time consuming. And don't underestimate the dealers ability to **** up your paint. One of the dealers here in Vancouver uses a rollover brush type wash to clean customer cars.

reystar likes this.
  11. reystar

reystar New Member

12. Runge

Runge New Member

telling your dealer not to touch the car, is probbly the best auto detailing advice on the planet! make a 11x17 sign to put in the window to remind the kids thinking they might wash it for you...Mine decided to wash my clean Audi just because that is what they do...and ended up having to wetsand my full hood from the scratches they gave to me..at no extra cost! arg

13. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

Don't let them touch it.

14. jnicklo

jnicklo New Member

I made this mistake last night. They washed the car for me. I did a walkaround and it looked fine. Anything I should really look out for? I've had the car for less than 24 hours and the dealer treated me extremely well. They'd definitely fix any problem for me.