Divine Detail - BMW 540i

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Divine Detail, May 3, 2008.

1. Divine Detail

Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

This vehicle was also booked for the Ambassador Detail (full interior, full paint correction, engine bay and rims). This vehicle was also booked for a full three days, but was completed in two days. The vehicle:

BMW 540i

This is how the vehicle was delivered:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    At first the rims looked to be in good condition, but a closer look will show it’s true state.

[​IMG]

Well before we start the detail, it should be mentioned that pictures were very limited on this detail as we wanted to get this vehicle done a head of schedule, so this detail will not have as in depth pictures as the previous posts, sorry.

As usual, we start things off with the interior all personal belonging is removed and put in a large zip log bag. Floor mats are removed and the interior is given a thorough vacuum:
    [​IMG]

Once the entire interior had been thoroughly vacuumed it was time to start the wipe down, got the appropriate tools ready:
    [​IMG]

The wipe down got started:
    [​IMG]

This BMW has lots of vents, all vents were treated with our interior Swissvax brush:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Followed up with air compressor:
    [​IMG]
    We paid special attention to all these vents as we feel it’s crucial to get them done right otherwise they will ruin the appearance of the interior. So all the air vents were agitated several times and finished off with air compressor.

Once satisfied with the wipe down and the vents it was now time to extract all the carpet inside this vehicle, this of course was done with our Mytee.

After all the extracting was done to the vehicle a final wipe down was given to make sure water spots sprayed by the Mytee is not left over, this final wipe down is done with a damp yellow micro fiber towel.

Now it’s time to pay attention to the leather, for this Zymol Leather cleaner is used:
    [​IMG]
    Agitated and removed with a yellow micro fiber towel, this is done to all the leather inside this vehicle.

Now it was time to treat all the vinyl trims, for this Zymol Vinyl is used:
    [​IMG]

Next is the leather, it’s now time to re-condition the leather, for this Zymol Treat is used:
    [​IMG]

All the seals in this vehicle were treated with Zymol Seal:
    [​IMG]

The only item left inside the vehicle to finish off is all the gorgeous wood trims, for this Zymol Detail is used:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well this concludes the interior now it was time to move along to the rims, all rims received a quick rinse and this is what we were truly up against:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now first up the rims received a healthy coat of P21S Gel, agitated with the EZ brush and Swissvax brush and as expected it was no match to the BMW brake dust. So it was now time to bring out Meg’s Wheel Brightener diluted 4:1. Gave the rims a healthy coat of Wheel Brightener again agitated with the EZ brush and a Swissvax brush and this is what we were left with:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Quite the product this Meg’s Wheel Brightener, made easy work of the baked in brake dust, but it delivered the results we were after. The wheel wells received a healthy coat of P21S Total Auto Wash, agitated with our long handle brush. Tires received ARO and agitated with a Meg’s tire brush.

This process was done to all tires, rims and wheel wells. Once we were satisfied with the end results, it was time to move on to the engine bay, now what we were up against:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Engine bay was given a quick rinse and a healthy coat of ARO was applied to it, left to duel for several minutes then agitated with a Swissvax brush, one thing to note is that the engine bay is quite large and the engine bay took a bit of time.

Once agitated to satisfaction the engine bay was rinsed off, now moving on to the rest of the vehicle.

Now it was time to wash the body, first the CR System is connected and the resins are still producing Deionized water, but it will be time to replace the resins shortly.

Got the two bucket system ready with grit guard, shampoo of choice was Zymol Clear with a Zymol sponge:
    [​IMG]

Once the vehicle had been washed to satisfaction it was immediately followed up with a Ricardo clay bar. This vehicle had quite a bit of contamination on it and the clay bars had to be tossed after claying the entire vehicle.

Once completely clayed, the vehicle was given another rinse and now it was time to dry off the vehicle, for this as always our waffle weaved micro fiber towels are used.

Once the vehicle was dried it’s time to take some paint gauge readings, here is what the PosiTector 6000 told us:

[​IMG]

Now here is where unfortunately no pictures were taken, the polishing stage. Vehicle had several swirls and imperfection. The polishing combo for this vehicle was Menzerna Power Gloss combined with a compounding Menzerna pad, 3M backing plate matched up with a Makita at 1500 RPM, followed up with a blue 3M (UK version) foam pad combined with 85RD, 3M backing plate matched up with a Makita at 1500 RPM.

Now the LSP of choice was Swissvax concourse. Windows were finished off with Stoners invisible glass with a glass micro fiber towel.

Well this concludes this detail and here are the end results:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Quite the lovely head lights on this vehicle.

Here is how the interior finished off:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Wood trim showing some reflection.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is how the engine bay finished off:

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a walk around video:
    [​IMG]

Well this concludes another detail, again sorry for the lack of pictures but we wanted to make sure that this vehicle was completed before the third day.

Hope you enjoy.

2. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Nice job the BMW looks great. You got to love the Megs Wheel Brightner. I love the stuff and wouldn't be without it in my arsenal. It does some great work as is evidenced in your detail.:thumb:

3. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

Wow great detail even your quick write up is still great. I love the way you finished that silver out with concurso!!!!!

4. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh yes, Meg's Wheel Brightner is somethin to respect. I'm glad I finaly got to use it and also very glad it's in the arsenal. Funny thing is that I wax expecting Wheel Brightner to smell stronger but it actually smells really good, I look forward on using this product some more.

Thank you for the feed back Smith, very much appreciated. Props to Calgarydeail and Divine for this detail :cheers:

5. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

great write up like always~!

6. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Love it! The interior looks really good! Also exterior!

7. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

fantastic work as always

8. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Great job and fantastic write up..

9. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

Awesome job and great write up...Love the video.....:applause:
    Hey I like the "Ambassador Detail "...I may used that for my top of the line jobs....
    Thanks guys for sharing....

10. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Greta job you guys doing out there...Wheel brightener, I think I'm gonna need to try out some myself...

11. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

Great job, the after shots are sweet! Did you treat the moldings? Also, when you give the interior a wipe down are you using Meguair's APC? Thanks.

12. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

The before and afters of the engine and wheels were amazing!

13. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

good write up nice work

14. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

Top of the line work and a great write up !!

15. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

Great job guys!

16. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

Very nice work!!!!!

17. Divine Detail

Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

Thanks all, we were extremely happy with how it turned out!