Divine Detail 2008 C6 Corvette

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Divine Detail, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Divine Detail

Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

Second vehicle that had to be detailed for the car show, now my apologies for not having as many pictures but I had a lot of work ahead of me so had to use my time wisely. The vehicle:

2008 C6 Corvette

The vehicle had been in the shop for some work so it wasn’t dirty at all just a bit of dust, so we went with ONR, after the quick wash the vehicle was clayed with the help of Ricardo Clay bar. Once the claying was done we taped up the vehicle and took some paint gauge readings, now this Corvettes was not your regular metal vehicles, this one was full composite and therefore, used the PosiTector 200 along with the gel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now keep in mind that the readings were based on composite and it’s not like your regular vehicle, overall the vehicle had reasonable clear coat with some low spots as shown on the graph bellow:

[​IMG]

After taking the readings it was time to inspect what I was up against, for this I used the 3M Sun Gun:

[​IMG]
    At first I though great, not much to correct

[​IMG]

Then I saw these very minor imperfections (just above the light)

[​IMG]

Again, very minor

[​IMG]

Now this scratch was going to need some attention

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Certain areas were going to require more attention then others

Now I was taking into consideration the toughness of the clear coat and the combo of choice was Menzerna 85RD3.02 with 3M blue polishing pad and Metabo at 1500rpm.

Sorry I didn’t have time to do a before or after nor a 50/50 on this vehicle, but overall the vehicle finished down very well with this combo, certain areas required two to three passes to truly remove all scratches. One thing I noticed was that the clear coat was not as bad as I was lead to believe. It actually behaved quite nice, didn’t give me any problems at all. Here are some pictures after all the polishing had been completed:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well once satisfied with the paint correction it was time to HD Cleanse Pro the vehicle, this was done with three people, one person would apply the HD Cleanse Pro and the other two would remove, this system worked quite well. Once the entire vehicle had been HD Cleansed it was time to apply a nice coat of Vintage. Wile we let Vintage cure it was time to take care of the rims.

For the rims Hollywoods Metal Polish was used, this product worked quite well:

[​IMG]

Once all the rims and exhaust tips were done it was time to give the interior a nice vacuum along with a wipe down followed up with a good protection. The leather received a nice deep clean treatment then heated up with the help of the 1000W lights followed up with a leather conditioning, yes the leather conditioner was applied by hand. Sorry no pictures during the work.

Engine was giving a quick wipe down and then dressed with 303, again no pictures of this due to time.

To finish of the vehicle it was time to buff off Vintage, this was done quite quick considering it was three of us working on the vehicle. After a few hours gave the vehicle the Field Glaze wipe down and she was done.

Now for the end result:

[​IMG]
    The rims turned out very nice, the tires were dressed with Optimum Tire Protection

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry very few interior pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a walk around the vehicle when it was completed:
    [​IMG]

Well one down more to come. Hope you enjoyed the detail. Feed back is always appreciated.

2. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Wow what a great detail and write up!

I want that D200!!!!

3. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

looks great. awesome pics

4. Divine Detail

Yeah, Carlos is the king of writeups!!! The posi 200 is an awesome tool to have, in the detail after this it saved us from a VERY costly surprise.

Thanks very much, I wish I could take credit for the pictures, but 90% of them were taken by carlos.:picture:

5. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Love it :D My fav!! The red looks great :D

6. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

Very nice work!

7. Divine Detail

Thanks guys, this car was my favorite, as far as color. I'm hoping carlos got more pictures of it under the show lights!!

8. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Great job again guys! You guys are killin' the vettes. Vintage looks very good on that color. Man I bet the car does look awesome under the show lights.

9. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh I agree with you guys, out of all the Vetts we detailed this one looked incredable, the vehicle looks wet and an incredable glow to it :woo:

I'm just starting to load the pictures I took wile walking around at the car show and this vehicle was pulling in the crowed...you'll see why :thumb:

10. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

Ohhh my goodness! Another great one!!! Man... that red looks great!