Divine Detail - 2004 Mercedes SLK 320

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Divine Detail, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Divine Detail

Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

This vehicle was booked for a full interior. The vehicle:

2004 Mercedes SLK 320

This vehicle was quite a treat to work with, here is what we were up against:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The leather needed some attention

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well the vehicle was in great condition, just requires proper care and that’s where Divine Detail comes in.

Like all details, all personal belongings are removed and set aside in a plastic zip loc bag. All floor mats are removed and set aside. Now the entire vehicle is given a thorough vacuum:
    [​IMG]

The leather seats also required a good vacuum in between the stitching:
    [​IMG]

Once satisfied with the vacuum it was time to give the interior a full wipe down, for the wipe down Meg’s APC was used diluted 20:1:
    [​IMG]

Vents were treated with a Swissvax brush:
    [​IMG]

Followed up with air compressor:
    [​IMG]

Considering that the vehicle was in reasonable conditions here is how the wipe down water finished off:
    [​IMG]
    As you can see even though the vehicle didn't appear to be that dirty a good wipe down always does wonders.

Once satisfied with the wipe down it was time to focus on the leather seats, first thing was to get hot water to cleanse the leather. Next Zymol Leather Cleaner is applied to the leather:
    [​IMG]

With the help of another yellow micro fiber towel, damped micro fiber towel Zymol Leather Cleaner is agitated:
    [​IMG]

Once all leather trims were cleansed to satisfaction it was now time to stat dressing all vinyl interior. For this Zymol Vinyl is used, applied with the help of a Zymol Schpritzer bottle and a yellow foam applicator:
    [​IMG]

Once all vinyl/plastic trims were treated it was time to re-condition the leather, first with the help of our 1000W lights leather seats were warmed up:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once the leather is warned up Zymol Treat is used and massaged in to the leather by hand:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Zymol Treat is left to duel for several minutes. The last step is to give all vinyl/plastic trims including leather a final wipe down with another yellow micro fiber towel.

This concludes the interior and the exterior was given a quick wash using the two bucket method.

Here are the end results, unfortunately my camera’s battery died so I wasn’t able to take as many pictures :sorry:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well this concludes this detail, hope you enjoy.

2. sly

sly Birth of a Detailer

Nice job!!! It's looking great:thumb:

just have some question: for how long that you warm those leather seats?

3. kogenx

kogenx Birth of a Detailer

I was just wondering what were those white things? Was it the seams giving way?

Great Detail there! You really brought the red leather back to life :preach:- And a great write up!
    Thank you for sharing:thumb:

4. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

5. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Secksay!

6. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you sly glad you enjoyed the detail :peace:

As for how long I let the lights worm up the leather, usually I leave the lights on the same spot for about 10 to 15minutes. But be carefull becuause if you put them too close and too long they can damage any surface. Hope this helps.

No, it wasen't the seams givin way, it was just dirty and well it shouldn't look like that.

Oh and yes the read leather seats sure needed some conditioning, they sure turned out nice...thank you for the feed back, very much appreciated :peace:

Thank you Phil :peace:

Thank you MadOzodi very much appreciated :hippie:

7. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Great work Carlos!

I just noticed that you and I have the same blue bucket! I think I bought mine from Target a long time ago. :shead:

8. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you Denzil, as for the buckets yes I've got a variety of buckets and I like these buckets specially for such jobs as wipe down water or cleansing leather :thumb: Nice thing too is that they were cheap :cheerl:

9. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

As always, an awesome job cleaning it that interior!

10. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

Great job!

11. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

Look good Carlos. It definitely needed a good cleaning.

12. richy

richy Guest

Carlos..nice job..again! You have really come a long way in the last year. I remember when you didn't use a rotary..and now look at you!! You deserve a lot of credit for jumping in with both feet. Oh, BTW, when we get old and have leathery skin, we'll know a secret for keeping it soft now won't we??? :)

13. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

nice wrok Carlos !!