Discounts on ebay through Live.com search

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by timpryor, Nov 14, 2008.

1. timpryor

timpryor Birth of a Detailer

This was on slickdeals and other sites. I was skeptical, but really wanted the Eotech holosight, so I figured what the hell, and it worked.

Make sure your browser is accepting cookies or the cashback will not show on the regular search page at the top or at the page where you commit to buy an item.

The Max cash back on any 1 item is $250.
    (you can buy a max of 3 items for cash back, so the maximum cash back you can get is $750)

This is a limited time offer, and Microsoft will soon scale back the cashback to 10%

READ THE IMPORTANT TERMS OF SERVICE (via Ebay)

Interesting Points of Note:
    DOES NOT WORK IN EBAY MOTORS
    You must successfully complete an eligible purchase on using “Buy-It-Now” within sixty (60) minutes of clicking on an eBay paid search advertisement marked with the Live Search cashback logo (a “Online Session”);
    Cashback Rewards will be applied only to the first eligible item you commit to buy during an Online Session.
    Limit of 3 Online Sessions (transactions per account)
    Limit of $250 cashback per Online Session
    Requires a 60 day waiting period before it MUST be credited to your Paypal Account
    Only works on Buy It Now Items
    NOTE: Discount does not include S&H charges

IMPORTANT: Before you confirm purchase, you should see your cash back amount.

Here are the steps:

go to:
    You should see a paid result that states "Buy Items on Ebay. You May get 35% off with Paypal if eligible". Click that link
    That will take you to ebay's search results page. there you can type your search string and search for whatever you like
    Proceed to select what you want to purchase, click buy it now, the next page is the buy it now confirmation page. If you've selected an eligible item and followed the directions, you will see the Micorsoft cash back and the amount:
    if you do not see that, then back up and try a different item. if that doesn't work, clear your cookies and start over.

2. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Wow this sounds promising!

3. timpryor

timpryor Birth of a Detailer

unfortunately it turns off and on

4. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Yes but way to many hoops to jump through. For me anyway...:shrug:

5. Strs90

Strs90 Birth of a Detailer

I just used it to buy a computer on ebay. Seemed pretty easy to do. My cashback is now pending in my live account. I put my paypal account info into it and am assuming that at the end of the 60 day period i can just transfer it to paypal? Is this a correct assumption? I know somehow I am going to forget to dot an i or cross a t and be screwed lol.

6. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

It sounds like you did very well. You should be O-kay. it's the old people like me that have to becarefull...:thumb:

7. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Well Im not that old and I was lost after the "browser accepting cookies" part :shrug: