Discontinued Sonus Pads Rock!!!!

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by autobahnshine, Apr 21, 2008.

1. I absolutely love these! I started out with 5.5" Lake Country ccs pads, but I will never return!

*This is all via rotary*

Discontinued Sonus Pads

Pros:

-Beveled edge eases transitions on body panels
    -Pads dont "soak up" polish very easily
    -No hop, skip, or vibration at all
    -Very Cost-Effective ($9/pad)
    -Thick (especially w/ 3M Backing Plate)

Cons:

-6" is a tad large is some areas
    -You have to go through CG to get them
    -A little bit difficult to clean compared to CCS pads (probably due to thickness)

:shrug: Just thought I'd share my thoughts :bla2:

2. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I agree... I have used my new pads for over 20 hours of compounding/polishing and I love them

You can also get them from eshine...

3. distrbd

distrbd New Member

Thank you for this post I just got some of these pads from a good friend to try on my rotary and I'm so glad you like them .
    Many thanks to Nica for the pads ,I can now try to practice to hone my skills.

BTW ,you can get these pads from Chris (Eshine).

4. To stock up, I will probably buy atleast a case of these from eShine in the future.

5. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

eShine is where I got mine for. I love love love love love the white ones. They are superb! Nice to control. I too wish they were a smidge smaller, just so they would go into those tighter areas, ah well. They are great. IIRC Chris has a TON of them! a truck load at least. I am sure he will sell them all. At $9 a pad they are a steal!

6. chefwong

chefwong Birth of a Detailer

how soft is their finishing pad ? Is the blue too soft---grabby ?

7. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

i saw the old sonus pads from Danase, only $7 a pad.

8. MrPolished&Waxed

MrPolished&Waxed Obsessive Detailer

the blue is not grabby/soft. it is stiff soft.....I guess?

9. Its thick, but its more "plush" than soft. You can't bend the bend inside out & backwards like a CCS pad... it's just "soft". Sorry for the lame description, but that's it!!!