Disc Rust behind Wheel Face..?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by J BELL, May 4, 2008.

1. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Wolfpacker sent me a sample of Wheel Brightener and i absolutely love it...my wheels had some bad built up brake dust and it just got them spotless!!! (Thanks again WP) But being on the acidic side, it also caused some rust on my discs and i am just wondering would a thorough coat of 10W40 take this off and is this safe? Is it something i can fix or is it that i have to just deal with it?? Thanks guys!

2. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

just deal with it... rust won't hurt anything

3. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Its not from the wheel cleaner but the water caused the rust. The rotor is bare metal so any water that gets on them causes surface rust. As soon as you use your brakes the rust will be removed by the brake pad.

4. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

^^ agreed

5. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Cool...thanks gentlemen..i hadnt really noticed it as bad as today but as long as it will be ok...i just hate looking at it..wheels are all clean and then the orange color takes away from them...oh well but im glad to hear it will come off until next time..thanks again!

6. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

The wheel acid will start a slight oxidation..but not bad..it will go away after a drive or so..but never...never...never use any oil on the rotors or brake parts..or you may have a problem stopping in the rain or even a dry day...

its normal for those areas to oxidize a bit even with water...

Al

7. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Like everyone one has said already after a quick drive you should have the surface rust gone. Glad you like the WB.

8. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Thanks for the replies guys, and also thanks for the heads up, why in the hell didnt i think of that..glad i ran it by the gurus before doing it lol :doh: