DirtyWeRX's Collection

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by DirtyWeRX, May 5, 2011.

1. DirtyWeRX

DirtyWeRX DB Forum Supporter

I just an order in today, piled it on the rack (organized), then took some pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It'll keep growing, I'm sure of it

2. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

excellent looking collection.

that jug says cock on it.

3. onebaucom

onebaucom Birth of a Detailer

I see you are a huge Adam's fan?! I have become one too! Very nice collection, by the way! :thumb:

4. DirtyWeRX

thanks,

Adam's was probably the first brand i went with when I started buying professional grade products. I like them a lot, but Ive been trying many other products as well like 1z, sonax, zaino, etc. I just got the menzerna in today. Cant wait to try it.

There has to be something wrong with me though. Im kind of obsessed with buying at least one of each product that a company offers.

5. onebaucom

Haha it doesn't seem to be wrong at all. It doesn't sound like you are obsessed, just enjoy detailing!
    Adam's was the first professional grade company I started with too. Now I have a mix of Sonax, Adam's, 1z, etc.
    Quick question..how does Adam's Buttery Wax compare to Autoglym HD Wax?

6. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

same thought here LOL

but yes nonetheless awesome collection (tidy too!)

7. Upper Class Detailing

Upper Class Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Great Adam's collection and very organized! I hope you have a good job b/c it's hard to get rid of this addiction, lol.

8. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

that is one thing I do not have in my collection...........
    I am glad to see other people still using Zaino, great collection

9. EbbeJ

EbbeJ Jedi Nuba

Good collection :) I take it that you like the AG HD wax ;)

- I really like many of the Zaino products too, but not many on here seem to use them. Okay, Z2P is not as easy to work with as e.g. Menzerna Power Lock, but it does offer good protection and good looks. Z-7 is just another great product, their clay is good too and so is Z-6. What do people have against their products?

Kind regards,

Ebbe

10. noizz

noizz Virgin Detailer

[​IMG]

I literally shit myself laughing at work when I saw that hahahahaha. Never expected this in a detailing forum, you made my day haha

11. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

Oh damn lol I wonder why they wouldn't put "pit" on the end.
    Anyways that's a nice collection. A lot of great products there.

12. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

Nice collection! Where is the buffer?

13. DirtyWeRX

Ive got 3 of the AG-HD waxes. i bought one a while and tried it out. It gave me really good results, but I can only say that to a certain point. i have a 2002 WRX that is Aspen White. So, its really hard (almost impossible) to gauge the "depth" that it added to the aesthetic appeal to my paint. And, Im sure it holds up (durability wise) very well too, however, once again, I cant really gauge that because I am always buying new products (such as paint sealants and waxes) and testing them on my car so it never gets a chance to wear off so to speak. I havent really used it on customers cars... i usually reach for the 1z for that.

I really like the Buttery wax. Its suuuuuuper easy to work with and adds lots of added depth and shine. I will usually apply a coat of 1z Glanz Wax and then a coat of buttery wax on that. And the smell...mmmm.... bananas!

Oh! and if I am honest, I wasn't going to buy the AG-HD again, considering I've barely touched the first jar of it, but Wal*Mart had 2 boxes of them in the clearance aisle. They were marked $20 each. The cellophane was all torn up on one of the boxes so I found a manager and asked if I could have both for $20..... He said no.... So I put one back, went to the register, and it rang up for $10..... needless to say, I went :headbang:, and grabbed the other one. I bought both for $20!

Honestly, the only reason I bought them was so that I could trade them on here to some one who may have some different products I'd like to try. I'm not looking to sell them really, or try to scam someone out of their high dollar products, just a straight trade for something different. 2 of them are untouched aside from the missing cellophane.

Theres a PC7424XP on the top shelf. I love it. I really want to try my hand on a Flex 3401 (for comparison mainly. i still love my PC) and I would like a rotary (possibly Flex PE14-2-150... i dunno, seems like a popular choice). I have a Ford Taurus hood that I picked up from a junk yard for $40. I originally bought it to train myself on machine applications before trying it out on someones car for the first time. I didnt know how safe the PC was at the time :) ... but quickly found out how badly Fords paint sucks haha

ya know, I bought it a couple months ago, and I only used it once so far on my car. I got a mix of good and not-so-good results. I realized that I got bad results ONLY because I used way way way too much and just found it hard to work with. After I realized just how little you actually use, I got really good results. But, I havent gotten a chance to use it on a customers car yet.

I 'm sorry, but it could just be me, but is it extremely hard to understand the directions and applications on how to use some of their products? I literally had to sit down and write out notes, before I ordered the kit, on what is used for what and how to use it?

I am still confused on the whole ZFX thing (even tho i still bought it). For example, their website doesn't really tell you how long to leave Z-2 PRO on the car before you take it off (I assume till it hazes), then says it takes quite some time to cure, and you shouldn't drive the vehicle before it does. Then, youre not supposed to layer Z-2 PRO without using ZFX, but do I still wait till it hazes? Does it actually cure instantly? Am I supposed to use ZFX every time I layer it?

and Z-CL... I just fail at applying that stuff. i cant get it to spread as well as id like it to.

Sorry about all the questions, but Im a very stubborn person and try to figure things out on my own before throwing in the flag and calling customer support. :(

Shit'll buff... LOL. I giggle every time I tell people that I have a 10L jug of COCK in my garage.

14. onebaucom

Haha well if the buttery wax smells like bananas then I am sold! =] I really do like the Autoglym HD wax, but I think it can be a pain to apply sometimes. Thanks for the response!

15. Kilo6_one

"I am still confused on the whole ZFX thing (even tho i still bought it). For example, their website doesn't really tell you how long to leave Z-2 PRO on the car before you take it off (I assume till it hazes), then says it takes quite some time to cure, and you shouldn't drive the vehicle before it does. Then, youre not supposed to layer Z-2 PRO without using ZFX, but do I still wait till it hazes? Does it actually cure instantly? Am I supposed to use ZFX every time I layer it?"

I never used the ZFX, it was always warm enough to cure on its own. I would apply it very very light, let it cure for about two hours and wipe down. It was supposed to allow it to cure within 30 minutes according to what I had read, and I talked to Sal about it, based on my situation (dry air, and warm) where I lived he said the ZFX really would not help me unless I wanted to do multiple coats within a short period of time. Ive layered it twice in 24 hours without ZFX when i know im not driving my car on the next day, but on average I was applying/layering it up bi monthly.

So to answer your question, if you are using ZFX its up to you if you want to use it per each layer, but again it depends on how fast you want it to cure, 15- 30 minute with ZFX, depending on temp and humidity, the more humid or cold it is, even with ZFX, it could take longer.

Z2-pro is one of my favorite products, for my personal use. But on clients cars I think powerlock fits my needs, easier on, easier off LOL

The spray seal is one of my favorite sealants too, lasts a decent amount of time, much more then CG V7 for sure, leather in the bottle is really the only leather product I use for leather, excellent product. again, you have an outstanding selection of products.

16. Kilo6_one

I think alot has to do with cost effectiveness, I have pretty much everything in there product line but it is on the pricer side, considering MPL for 32 oz is not much more then Z2p, and is far easier to work..... that is just my thoughts, Zaino was one of the first "high end products" i started to use before I got into CG, Menz etc.....

17. kakeuter

kakeuter DB Forum Supporter

These threads are like my crack, seriously. Awesome collection.

-Kody-

18. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Cock!

19. DirtyWeRX

How long is it supposed to take to cure with out the ZFX? I live in st Louis so we tend to have somewhat humid weather so it will probably take longer.

Also, I see that your avitar is an sti. Is it yours? I have a 2002 wrx and just put 04 sti seats in it. What do you use to clean the suede?

20. Kilo6_one

It could take up to an hour, maybe longer. I have left it overnight in my garage before if I was not in a hurry. But you will know when it cures, take your finger , it should wipe off in on pass if you run you finger through it.

Yes, that is my Sti. Ive never had them dirty before so I have not had to clean them. I know they make Alcantara cleaner.