difference between ultra fine and plush mf towels?

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by CG6Lemon, Sep 26, 2010.

1. CG6Lemon

CG6Lemon New Member

hey guys. i found 2 good sites to purchase mf towels after using the search engine. i was wondering wuts the difference between the two? thx again. :worship2:

2. CG6Lemon

CG6Lemon New Member

help? anyone?

3. bjungx007

bjungx007 Birth of a Detailer

pm me the sites and ill let you know

4. jjl

jjl Birth of a Detailer

The ultra fines are good for final wipe downs pretty much as mentioned on the site.
    I've asked Ranny about them and he mentioned not recommending them for QD, drying, or cleaning windows.

The ultra plush are good for QDing, and general purpose usage for those that prefer plusher towels.

The ultra micro and ultra smooth are all purpose towels. Ranny mentioned one of them had a slower absorption rate making it ideal for spreading liquid products. The other would be opposite... probably dig up that e-mail for the info if your interested in these ones.

I ended up purchasing the ultra plush and the smooth. The colours from the smooth are pretty unique.

5. DieselMDX

DieselMDX Obsessive Detailer

what sites are we talking about here?

6. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Any thick plush towel has no use for me. Personally very short nap thin and smooth microfiber work best for me and have proven to be the least problematic during the detail process.

7. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Almost agree. My shag rags have an EXCELLENT purpose: I use them as a wash media for ONR washes. As soon as one gets dirty, I just grab a new towel. I use maybe 5-6 towels on a medium-sized sedan. I find ONR really keeps dirt in the wash media, making it hard to rinse off of a traditional wash media like a mitt. Of course, YMMV.

8. jjl

jjl Birth of a Detailer

Pakshak or my post was wrong!

Pak shak's ultra plush are 375-400gsm, a tad plusher but not overly plush like shag rags or sasquatch.

9. CG6Lemon

CG6Lemon New Member

10. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Add this to your list:
    We would like to thank our customers for their patronage over the years. We would like to offer a special sale on our highly regarded Micropak micro fiber products. Thank you & Aloha! PakShak "Ohana" (Family)

11. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

i agree .. those super plush towels might feel soft and cuddly but just dont work forme. phils towels i like the best. his 24x16

12. CG6Lemon

CG6Lemon New Member

so which ones i should buy specifically for removing polishes and qd wipe downs.

13. jjl

jjl Birth of a Detailer

I've wondered about this too and found different opinions. Some people prefer plusher towels for removing lsp, and some prefer thin. Others like thinner nap towels for qd wipe downs or thicker to pick up dirt.

I like a normal towel for buffing. Plusher towels are nice too, but I only like using it only if a car is slick from layering wax.

I prefer a smooth towel for qd to spread out the product and a plush towel to finish off.

14. CG6Lemon

CG6Lemon New Member

so my first link are towels that are used to wipe down polishes only?

for 2nd link, those towels are for drying car, qd?

15. CG6Lemon

CG6Lemon New Member

help please?

16. sulla

sulla Virgin Detailer

Just get the one from stock towels mate it will serve you better imo...

Some people like to go thinner on towels since they say thinner nap bites thicker and caked residues better.. But I'd say I wouldn't go thinner than something like pakshak's ultra plush.. Plush towels cushion my hand pressure and I don't want my excessive hand pressure gets more role in removing the residue

Get something at least as thick as this one and if it gets too hard to remove the residue use the product that you use to solvent the dried product or spritz some water
    MICROPAK 16" x 16" Ultra-Plush Micro Fiber Towel

Between those two links you provided I like the first link better for everything be it polishing,QDing,drying,etc just order different colors so you know which is for which

17. CG6Lemon

CG6Lemon New Member

ty for ur info

18. AZN_C300

AZN_C300 Birth of a Detailer

Phil's Uber No Name towels are my personal favorite for QD and wax removal. Super Plush, but very usable. Does not Lint.

19. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Bad thing about those MFs with a long nap? They lint. And they are pretty much useless for QD, wax or sealant removal. It's a fad that didn't last long.

20. CG6Lemon

CG6Lemon New Member

wut do you mean long nap? :shead: