DG aqua wax

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by distrbd, Oct 7, 2007.

1. distrbd

distrbd New Member

Now this is a product I have heard so much about and would really like to try ,but I've heard that you can spray this sealant over Colinite and still get a nice shine ,how could it be possible?over another sealant I would understand but over a carnuba wax or colinite?
    What is your experience?I would appreciate your help very much.
    Ken.

2. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

For some reason people have had success with Aquawax over waxes. Maybe Duragloss left something out of the description of the product :p

3. 02CAMSS

02CAMSS Jedi Nuba

I have used aquawax over everything with great results.

4. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

this stuff is awesome, I use it to wipe down brake dust from wheels between washes

5. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I love using it instead of a QD. It looks fantastic on my black vehicles. Whether it's a quick wash or a full wax job, I always spray on some AW after I'm done.

It'll take care of any water streaks or wax streaks. Love it! And a little goes a long way. I bought two bottles and still am only halfway through my first bottle.

6. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I love AW and have been using it for some time.

It is important to remember that AW is NOT a QD it IS a spray Sealant.

Not only have I used it on top of a wax with great results I have also used it when a wax/sealant is hazed and is difficult to remove..I will then spray the AW on top of the hazed lsp to help with removal.

Another thing to remember is that using AW more than monthly can/will lead to muted flake and darkening of colors...

This is not something I am passing along as a result of something I read but 1st hand usage

7. P1et

Since I have a black truck, I guess I don't have to worry about my paint darkening!

8. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

You've got a point there sir!!

What about cloudiness/hazzy?? Some have reported cloudy/hazzy finish when using AW more than monthly, Have you seen this at all?? I have not seen this but only read others accounts of this occuring.

9. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

im not sure i agree, i have tried products that darken the paint on black vehicals, they may not make it darker per say but they do make it deaper.

10. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

You can about used it on top of any wax or sealant products. Great for paint, glass, plastics and chrome. A little goes a long ways... One spray per body part...

11. Nica

Nica Banned

Great info being shared ont his topic, I've ordered some Duragloss and I'm sure I'll be coming back to this thread to read and learn from the master ;)

Keep the information coming, I'll be reading it all an taking notes :D

12. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

I just got my order in today from AG and AW was one of my items I ordered. I will let you guys know my results after I give it a shot.

-Corey

13. P1et

Hey Smith, where are your pics? Let's see you orders and some pics of the truck!

14. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

Aquawax is a great product....I use it for many thing from cars ...house windows..shower enclosures...lawn firniture..LOL..I mean it works so good...it is a spray polymer sealant..with NO wax as some say it has..its a straight polymer....and concentrated..it was designed to use on a wet car...so the water would cut it..but using it straight is very concentrated...so use very little...My process is..I spray the application towel with 1 spray....then I use 1 spray per panel and rub in with the damp towel..I remove it with another dry towel...as you go along the application towel gets damper and you can use less per panel as you go...

Use it on every thing...paint...glass ...plastic..wheels....door jams...

Now to maintain the finish..I use either FC&S or the Marine Detailer...the Marine detailer is becoming my favorite now.....

I buy the gallons now..but I kept the old sprayers ..as they are very good sprayer DG uses...I mix 2-3 oz of AW in the bottle and rest either FC&S or the Marine Detailer and use after a wash...it brings back the fresh waxed look...and very slick....I like it when it rains and the rain just rolls off the paint as if it is self drying..and NO water spots after...On glass it better than RainX and last so much longer....

On rims..it does help to retard brake dust cling....just soap and water removes it...

Dollar for Dpllar I have not found any product that works and lasts like AW....

Remember..just use Monthly as it will Mute some paint from build up...if that happens just use FC&S to clear it up....or the Marine detailer...

AW has no cleaners ....so not used for a QD type product to clean dust and such...use after a wash .....

PS..if you want..use 2 oz in the washer fluid tank with fluid and its like a rain repeller all season....

AL

15. distrbd

distrbd New Member

Lots of great info AL,thanks.
    I got my AW a couple of weeks ago,sprayed it over Colinite IW and the car looked grrrrrreat,and still does,I will try your prcess of applying it (damp cloth to spread,wipe dry)next time.
    I found out if I mix it with DG FC&S (70/30 ratio)I can use it to clean the paint (the dust on the car) it will be like QD with a little AW in it for protection

16. P1et

Great info as usual Al. All the things you're describing, I'm seeing and doing as well.

It's a great product and a little goes a very long way. Personally, I use it every single week on my vehicles and the paint is looking fantastic.

The dual towel procedure is the only way to go, although I have found that I can get by very well using a single towel to do my entire truck as long as I use my black/yellow CG MF. It's nap is thick enough!

17. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

yes the mix works great..Just do not over cut the FC&S as you will reduce the cleaning of it...I use 2-3 oz to 20 oz of FC&S or the Marine Detailer...just enough to add some extra zump to it....plus you reduce the lubes that encapsulate the dust if you add to much AW...

PS...I also do another wipe down about a hour after I do AW...just a quick one...just to ensure all is removed..and it seems to slicken faster also....

AL

18. RussECU

RussECU DB Forum Supporter

I like to use it during an ONR wash. Wash panel, spray panel with spray of AW, dry and while drying the AW gets spread. Then after complete I go over with a phat towel to remove excess, streaks, or residue.

19. P1et

I always do a AW wipe down after I finish waxing. Usually I wait about an hour to let the wax bond properly.