Detailing wraps?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by lgixxer, Sep 29, 2010.

1. lgixxer

lgixxer Any Rag Vehicle Washer

How do you detail wraps? I did a search but had no luck.

2. Rennes

Rennes Jedi Nuba

like vinyl wraps?

3. lgixxer

lgixxer Any Rag Vehicle Washer

yes vinyl wraps. i will like to clean and add protection to it and was going to treat like any other car but decided to ask before doing it...

4. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I think people use Opti-Seal on those types of finishes. Wax can ruin it I think.

5. AZN_C300

AZN_C300 Birth of a Detailer

You're talking clear bra/clear shield/paint protectant film right? Basically don't use dyed products as they can get in the pores and cause discoloration. You can polish it, but do not use IPA as it can dry out the pores. Opti-Seal is a great LSP for it as it's a clear.

Edit: Nevermind, you're talking vinyl wrap cars. Just wash it. Not sure how well wax or sealant would bond to vinyl, but if you use them, use optically clear ones.

6. Rennes

Rennes Jedi Nuba

Vinyl wraps are printed. I have no clue how to treat those but I can safely say that it's probably a bad idea to polish it :)

7. TexasTB

TexasTB Obsessive Detailer

no polishing, no buffing, no waxing with paste or liquid wax. That is what I was told by the 7 wrap places I have contacted. Hand wash only. Using a soft brush will work as well. (boars hair and such)

8. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Just wash it as normal and then protect it with a clear sealant such as Optimum Opti-Seal. You can also keep it protected with a variety of spray waxes, such as Duragloss Aqua Wax and Optimum Car Wax.

9. AutoObsessed

AutoObsessed Dealers

The CG Clear Seal works very well on Vinyl Wraps. We use it on matte vinyl wraps with excellent results.

10. AutoObsessed

AutoObsessed Dealers

I forgot to mention that Swissvax also carries a full line specific to matte finish paints, Wax, QD, and Shampoo.

The matte vinyl and paint is simular so these products should also work well on the wraps.

11. swest0223

swest0223 Any Rag Vehicle Washer