Detailing Interior(my process)

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by Takumi587, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Takumi587

Takumi587 Birth of a Detailer

Hmm I do not have many pics of the interior but here is my process usually:
    For the interior i use some CG interior products and a little mixture that prolly most of you guys use too (woolite and water.)--Works great for headliner) For the carpet I use a steam cleaner and a small little blower for all the dust in the small parts.
    Heres is my step by step:
    1.Vacuum entire interior
    2. Use MF towel on dash and all other parts that may have dust.
    3. Use a keyboard dust blower to remove any other little parts that collect dust.
    4(leather). Use CG interior cleaner for leather
    4.(cloth). Use Woolite and water mixture
    5. Use CG conditioner for leather
    6. Use woolite and water mixture for headliner
    7. For any shoemarks i use CG cleaner
    8. Pedals i use a Mr. Clean sponge
    9. Then steam clean carpets
    Hmm i might be missing a little more to my process but viola thats how i do mine. Kind of curious how everyone else does theirs.

Few pics (some in bad quality sorry)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

looks good, you did a really nice job iwth the carpet in the beige one.

3. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

What kind of steam cleaner do you use?

4. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Beautiful, thanks for sharing!

I personally use Woolite/Water as my leather cleaner mix. I hear it's gentler, yet cleans like a bastard.

Can I ask what you use to clean plastic? It's always a challange for me.

5. Nica

Nica Banned

I like your process Takumi587, I do things a bit different...something like this:

- Remove floor mats
    - Vacuum the entire interior
    - With hot water and some Meg's APC (dilution varies on how bad the condition of the interior) and a MF towel I do a complete interior wipe down. For vents or other hard to reach areas I use a Swissol Brush.
    - For the carpet I use a mixture of Meg's APC and my little Green machine (I use this for the time being till I get my Mytee)
    - I dress all plastic/vinyl with either Meg's #40 or 303 or Optimum Plus Protection....all depends on what appearance the customer wants.
    - For leather I use Lexol PH Cleaner with yet another bucket of water. I use a foam applicator to agitate the leather. Then with another MF towel I wipe off what's left of the Lexol PH cleaner.
    - Then I follow the leather up with Lexol Leather Conditioner, I set up my 1000W and 500W lights to worm up the leather. Once the leather is nice and toasty I apply the Leaxol Leather Conditioner by hand. I apply the conditioner to all the leather let it sit for a bit and then wipe off what ever is left over. There is not much to remove though as the leather just sucks up the conditioner.

I've been looking into a steamer for quite some time now but I figure first hot water extractor (Mytee) and then the steamer. The extractor will shed some time from the interior.

Well that's just my process and it's been working great for me so far.

6. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

THanks for sharing Takumi! Those interiors look great.

7. 99monguse

99monguse Birth of a Detailer

I curious as to how you clean the headliner; are you just using a damp MF with the Woolite/water mixture and wiping it down?

I do this:
    complete vacuum
    use air compressor to blow out restricted areas and re-vacuum
    mix up a bucket of warm water with a dilution of APC (dilution rate depends on condition of interior), wipe down dash, console, door panels...
    clean leather and condition with AutoMagic products
    wipe headliner if needed and lightly spray with fibreeze
    dress interior
    clean glass
    spot clean carpet if needed

8. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

you brought back a four year old thread............ LOL

9. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

no pics...I hate photobucket!

10. froboy272