Detailing Enkei RPF1 SBC Alloy Wheels

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by hamza7, Mar 9, 2011.

1. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

Hi guys,

I have a friends who has just bought some new Enkei's which are IMO insanely expensive and they have something Enkei calls SBC(Special Brilliant Coating) under the instructions for Rim Maintenance, it says not to use any products special products on the rims other then mild dish soap and water. I wanted to KSG them before they got mounted so they would retain their shine. What to do??

2. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

I wouldn't listen to anything they said about using dish soap as that will take AWAY from their shine. Just use any normal wheel cleaner such as AutoGlym Custom Wheel Cleaner and you should be fine (I actually just ordered the same wheels last night, lol) Make sure to apply some sealant afterwards!

3. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

I had a set of SBC WORK wheels (WORK calls it WMB, which is the same thing), I used megs custom wheel cleaner at the time and it was fine, (before I knew what AG CWC was) SBC is about as durable of any other coating. I would use AG CWC and you should be fine. I then sealed them with Zaino Z2

4. hamza7

So I should still use AG CWC even though they are brand new, because I don't have some ATM but I can get some if it's a *required* step before sealant

5. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

no, if they are brand new, you can use a wheel sealant on them, something like Gtechniq C5 would be the best.

6. Kilo6_one

dust them off and apply sealant............

7. hamza7

Right now I'll stick to dusting and KSG and when Gtechniq C5 comes to autoobessed then I'll buy it, no other place right now in Canada right?

8. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I like the SBC a lot...

I am currently looking at Enkei SC05 – SBC for my new ride... yumm

9. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

yah autoobsessed is the only canadian retailer at the moment. I have 2 bottles of C5 reserved for my 20" rims (Gtechniq Rob said 1 will not be enough)

10. hamza7

Thanks Kyoshiro, boredstudent, and asad for getting me addicting to the "sickness",I visit this place 100 times a day now. And I forgot to thank Paul Dalton

11. kyoshiro

np, just spreading the love =p
    you should also go and join that autoobsessed facebook page contest i posted over @ RFD if you havent done so for a chance to win a P21s kit, which is quite a good entry/intermediate kit for detailer

12. Kilo6_one

Post pic of Said rims........... I love rims, Id put rims on my tool box if they could fit.

13. hamza7

165692_10150392472640133_510260132_16913245_1913641_n.jpg Sorry can't really get a high-res photo, these are of his FB

14. Kilo6_one

very nice..........

15. kyoshiro

that is some wicked finishing right there.

16. JoeyV

Mine be silver...to be painted white. Not quite as flashy! :p

17. Kilo6_one

what are they going on? White wheels are hot.............

18. JoeyV

On my RX-7. Got them in 17 x 9 at +22 :D

19. Kilo6_one

Nice! I love mazdas. Im detailing a Rx8 with a fortune body kit this month......... should be an intresting project

20. Russ@Xclusive

Russ@Xclusive Two Bucket System Washer

I always wanted a set of RPF01's for my impreza hatch. I just can't justify spending on the money on wheels yet.