1. ModernBlue9

ModernBlue9 New Member

I've looking into another way to save time by getting a rolling cart. I store all of my products in the basement for temperature control. The pain in the butt I seem to go through everytime I set out for a detail (at my house) is I make too many trips up and down the stairs because I forgot something or didn't have enough room. Not that I mind the exercise, it's just wasted time, lol. I used to transport as many products as I could in 4 spare 5 gallon buckets, 1 for tools, 1 for products, 1 for clean towels and 1 for dirty towels.

So I guess I'm looking for a cart lightweight enough to carry up and down the stairs (not fully loaded of course), has 3 shelves and made of plastic (metal ones could start to roll and can cause a lot of damage).

1. What's everyone using?

2. How much did you pay? (detailing sites want way to much, +$150 is ridiculous IMO)

3. Anything else I should be looking for in a cart? I realize everyone's needs are different, but I know there's some ideas/features/etc I don't know about.

Thanks guys!

2. Beachzone

Beachzone Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I'm looking for a cart as well. Sub'd :)

-Beach

3. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

Going to be real hard to find something large and yet still light. Try using mechanic tool boxes / carriers?

4. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Rubbermaid carts are the way to go. Injected plastic so they last forever. Built like a tank. Not too heavy. Around $150 - 200 but worth every penny. I've had one of mine for around 15 years and it's still like new.

boredstudent3 likes this.
  5. CG6Lemon

CG6Lemon New Member

6. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

7. JKChad

JKChad New Member

8. ModernBlue9

ModernBlue9 New Member

I just found that one on Amazon.

Seems to be the best price for a plastic one, has locking castors too!

9. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

10. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

I have the Luxor 3 shelf cart (branded Meguiar's) and it works nicely. The casters are very nice unlike some carts and stools that get chewed up by coarse concrete.

11. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

pic(s) of the cart please, Ken =)

12. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

some nice suggestions here! really feeling the luxor carts now. =)

thanks to those that contributed!

13. ModernBlue9

ModernBlue9 New Member

14. kakeuter

kakeuter DB Forum Supporter

http://www.amazon.com/Trinity-THL-UCAP3-3-Tier-Utility-Cart/dp/B00166LB8M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391534302&sr=8-1&keywords=utility+cart

I recently got this unit from Amazon, got sick of having everything on the ground when I'm doing a correction. I also attached a 3-light (halogen) track lighting system on the cart and LED worklight on the bottom. This way I can roll the cart around with me and have the light move at the same time. It's nice having the track lighting because I can maneuver the lights around.

I also attached a power strip, this runs the lighting and it's what I use to plug the polishers into. So now I only have one extension cord going to the cart and not 4 different ones laying around on the ground and getting tangled up.

I also installed a low pressure wash system on the cart (1 gal container/pump/battery/hose) for when I have to be inside warehouses/garages and my 50 foot low pressure system won't reach.

The cart is extremely light, even with everything attached it. Rolls nice and has locking wheels for safety. One of my latest projects in an effort to help reduce waste in my workflow and worked seemless on the two correction jobs I had over the weekend.

-Kody-

15. ModernBlue9

ModernBlue9 New Member

The power strip is a really good idea!

Charge batteries for my cordless on the cart would be good. Not to mention the radio so I dont have to blast it.

16. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

If I did a lot of polishing, I wanted to do something like this:

[​IMG]

Franco530 and mrgolfrider like this.
  17. ModernBlue9

ModernBlue9 New Member

Those lights get hot, I wouldn't want to work too close to those.

But a fan would be another good idea.

Maybe a minifridge :thinking:

18. malypb

malypb New Member

mrgolfrider and The Driver like this.
  19. The Driver

The Driver Birth of a Detailer

20. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter