Detailing Brand New Car For First Time

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by KMiller340, Feb 21, 2015.

1. KMiller340

KMiller340 New Member

First of all, I've been lurking here for quite some time, finally decided to create an account and post. Secondly, I want to apologize if this is in the wrong section.

Anyways,
    I just purchased a brand new 2015 Dodge Challenger, I purchased it to match my 1972 Dodge Challenger (same color, both B5 Blue). Anyways, I've been to car shows before with my '72 and done well, and it isn't my first time detailing a car, however, I feel like I could always learn something new. With that being said, what would you guys recommend as far as a process for the first time I'm detailing a brand new car. It won't necessarily be a daily driver, but it will be driven on nice days, and occasionally will see some rain, but definitely won't see snow / road salt, etc.

I've used Adams polishes in the past which I feel are really great products, but I'd like some recommendations from other forum members. I've also used Collinite 845, and borrowed a friend's Swissvax and Victorias Concourse Red. What process would you go through on a brand new car? What do you think would really make the metallic blue paint pop? As of now, my plan was to clean the interior, wash, clay, and wax the exterior and go from there. Am I missing something? Would you recommend some sort of polishing step in between the clay and wax? I want to mention that I don't own a porter cable, so I will be doing this by hand, please keep that in mind. My last question would be to ask for a recommendation as far as what to use on my leather seats? They are perforated heated / cooled nappa seats. I know some people recommend just using a damp cloth and wiping them down every now and again, but obviously I do want some sort of protection as well. I've done some research on the Sonax Leather Foam Cleaner, but wanted to see if anyone else has any other suggestions.

Thank you all for your wealth of knowledge, I really appreciate any and all feedback.

Thank you!
    Kory

2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

3. KMiller340

KMiller340 New Member

Thanks for the quick reply, I checked both of those links out, I've definitely got some ideas now!

As requested here are some pics of the '72.

I figured I'd start with the very first picture I have of it, which is what I started with in 2001, over the course of the next four years with the help of my dad who owns a body shop, we restored it for my high school graduation project in 2005.

[​IMG]

Few pics all cleaned up for the Carlisle All Chrysler Nationals in 2012

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A few pics a friend snapped of the car at Carlisle this past summer....

[​IMG]

And finally.. at my wedding on April 26 (426 just like a Hemi) last year :)

[​IMG]

4. aquariusashu

aquariusashu New Member

Your Images are not showing on this webpage can u please post the link of the images so that we can see it.

5. Adam's Polishes

Adam's Polishes DB Certified Manufacturer

6. KMiller340

KMiller340 New Member

I actually ended up washing it, claying it, brilliant glazing it, and Americana Waxing it (all Adam's products) back in March. It came out fantastic!!

7. KMiller340

KMiller340 New Member