Detailed Honda Civic

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by JLs Detailing, Nov 22, 2007.

1. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Hi guys and just let me say Happy Thanksgiving to you all! Hope you all had a great day. This Civic belongs to the guy from PA. that I did his neglected Honda Accord and posted on AG back in the summer. He came back down for Thanksgiving and brought his '07 Civic for me to do. I figured it can't be as bad as the Accord since it's only a year old. Boy it wasn't quite as bad but is was well on its way. I moved some things around and was able to get to him yesterday. Well here's what I did:

Tires/Wheels: Well the wheels were in pretty rough shape. Let's just say they have never been cleaned. I had recently stopped by Majestic Solutions and had picked up some of their Wheel Brite. It is Megs Wheel Brightner rebottled. I sprayed the Wheel Brite on the wheels and agitated with my EZ Detail brush. I made sure that I didn't leave it on no longer than 40 seconds and rinsed it off. I then sprayed the tire and wheel with Majestic Solutions Super Green Stuff. This stuff has a very high PH so it neutralizes any low PH Wheel brite that may be left behind. I then just washed the wheel like normal and rinsed off. The Wheel Brite is diluted 3:1 and it did a bang up job. As bad as the wheels were I was able to get each one clean in less than 2.5 minutes each using this combo. Here are some before and afters:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Like I said this combo knocked those nasty wheels right out in less than 2.5 minutes each! I got some of the CG Wheel Acid and I think when I have to use that I'll use it in the same process and let the MS SGS neutralize it after it works. The wheel wells, tires, and wheels were cleaned with the Wheel Shmitt that I picked up from DetailersDomain, I bought two because you get a discount the more you buy with Phil. The wells were dressed with MS Quick Details and the tires were dressed with W92 special dressing (how 'bout that D2G :chest:).

Engine: The engine got the same 'ol same 'ol. I rinsed, sprayed with MS SGS, agitated a little bit, rinsed, dried with leaf blower, and dressed with MS Quick Details.

Glass: OK I am a big fan of Surf City Clearly Better and really did not think there could be anything any better. Well my little concotion I used today may have bumped SC down to number 2. I got some CG Glass Cleaner. It says to dilute it 50/50. Well I decided to dilute it with the Demin water I had gotten from work. Man this stuff was the bomb diggity! It never streaked and dried up faster than any glass cleaner I have used. One thing I noticed was how incredibly dirty my WW was that I was applying the glass cleaner with. I mean if I had looked at these windows before I started I would have said they were acceptable. Man did the CG/Demin combo pulled an amazing amount of dirt off and the WW was filthy. I had one of our Chemist tell me that the water is so pure that it is very "aggressive". He said you can wash your car with it but it is so aggressive that it will strip off any wax you have on it. Well I'm not sure I believe him but man this water with the CG did some major cleaning on this glass. Nica have you ever heard a statement like that before? Or has anyone heard this? The Chemist I talked to is a very intelligent man and really knows water. I was able to clean the glass faster than I ever have! If I think about it I'll take a pic of the WW so you can see how dirty it became.

Wash: The Civic got a healthy dose of Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Gloss via the foam cannon. Here are a few pics of that:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Man I love my foam cannon and the shaving cream it produces. The bugs got Majestic Solutions Bug Off and the Pinnacle Safe Scrub. The safe Scrub was nearing the end of its life and this car had so many bugs and grime that it just pushed it over the edge. I said a few nice words about it and threw it away. I used a Cobra MF/Chenille mitt and a rinse bucket w/ grit guard. The car was dried with a leaf blower and guzzler.

Clay: Yeah I know you don't usually see me have this step in there. I can say (and I know I'll get flamed for it) that I really dislike doing this and it gets left out a lot if I am polishing. This car was getting polish but man it really needed the clay. I used the Adams grey clay and Adams Detail Spray for lube. This stuff worked really well. Thanks Phil for the recommendation.

Interior: The interior was really dusty and dirty. I think all the leaves that fell from the trees in PA fell inside this car! I vacuumed it out , washed the all weather mats and cleaned everything with CG Total Interior Cleaner. I had previously used DP TIC and really liked it. The CG is as good if not better and does not foam up like DP which I did not like. It cleans really really well as you can see from the pics. I protected everything with DP Interior Surface Protectant. I cleaned all door jambs with DP 4n1 QD mixture. Here are some before and after pics of the interior:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Paint: OK I was finally going to get to use my new Menzerna PO85RD. I broke out the Flex and a green LC CCS pad. The 85RD did a fantastic job. It dusted just a very little bit but nothing major. I really liked this stuff for a car with only very minor swirling. I ran the Flex on speed 5 and man what a shine it put on the car. The blue went to a whole different level! I was very excited/pleased with the 85RD! I buffed off the 85RD with a Cobra Jr. I will be using CG's yellow and black MFs from now on (Thanks P1et :headbang:) since I got mine in after I had finished this detail (I'll post pics of my CG order later!). The next thing to go on the Honda was my new fav JetSeal 109. This stuff really gave the WOW factor and I really love this stuff...Did I say that already? I buffed it off with the Cobra Indigo.

Well here are the rest of the pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Signature Shot:
    [​IMG]

Any advice and comments are always welcome!

2. triplet

triplet Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Awesome work bro!!:applause:

Out of curiousity, How much CG W&G did you use to get that much foam.

3. Nica

Nica Banned

Vehicle looks great :thumb:

Nice turn around in the interior and exterior :headbang:

Theh rims look great :chest: :chest:

4. JLs Detailing

Thanks I used about 1.5 oz and filled the bottle for the foam cannon about 3/4 full with water.

5. JLs Detailing

Nica have you ever heard of the really pure Demin water being really aggressive?

6. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

looks great, nice work.

7. Nica

Nica Banned

mmm....no can't say I have my friend :confused:

8. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

That car looked really bad for a new car. It's good you saved it :D It looks really good.

9. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Nice work wolffpacker :D Love how the paint looks, so blue!! And the rims was really bad! But nice and clean now. Hate the interiors on that cars, so boring and old!

10. distrbd

distrbd New Member

Nice work ,the Civic looks very nice ,I love the deep blue .
    Did you find the paint too soft?that's what I 've heard about the Civics's paint,very easily scratched and you can't use a very abrasive polish on it.

11. JLs Detailing

You know I am still trying to figure out the whole softness/hardness thing. I can say that the 85RD did some very good correction and I know that it is not very abrasive so that would uphold what you thought.

pirex you got that right about the interior. I was not impressed considering it is a new car.

12. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

:applause::mounty:

13. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

DAMN DAMN Wolf! First of all, you always impress me with your befores and afters of the wheels. I really must get an EZ Wheel Brush!!!

Two: all of that with just PO85RD? Now I need a Flex and some green pads! Where did you get your pads from? And what size are they?

Congrats on being part of the yellow/black MF family! Those things are the bezzzt!!!

14. JLs Detailing

OH Yeah bro you need the Flex and some green LC CCS pads to go with your Menzerna and you'll be unstoppable. I got the pads from AG it was the 6.5" ones. They work great when you need just a little more than a white polishing pad and not quite as much cut as an orange. Also works great with XMT 360 or DG 501! The EZ wheel brush is the best, I love it. I will tell you that the Wheel Brite is some powerful stuff! And I can't wait to use the Yellow/Black MFs. If I had had those I could have just dedicated this detail to you since you are the reason I now have the PO85RD:chest:.

15. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I still need to break out my RD.....

16. ehuth1

ehuth1 Birth of a Detailer

Nice Nice Nice Wolfpacker! You my friend have are on your way to setting the example for all of us to match :) Love the turn-around. I have never really seen the rave with JS109 but after that last pic I might have to consume the sample Bradley sent me sometime back. Get some vids of you and the Flex for all of us to see. I'm seriously looking into getting rid of all my inventory for cheap and going to just a handful of products and one polisher.

Nice turnaround once again :)

17. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

:fight2:Wolfpacker will soon have more CG stuff than me....

18. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

NOOOOOOO!!!! everything i belive is a lie... no-one can have more then fminus, including the CG store.. its just not right :rollingpin:

19. JLs Detailing

Thanks buddy, I swear I could get rid of all my other sealants and only go with JetSeal, heck with a little help from my man FMINUS I can just about do that now! I told MotorCity the other night that I could easily go to just CGs and Menzerna and be set!

I'm just a FMINUS wannabe when it comes to CG but under his tutelage I am working on my collection :headbang:!

20. Nica

Nica Banned

Sweet mother :sheep: I want to see picture :gidiup: :mounty: