Detailed - 2013 Scion FR-S [Raven] Wolf's Body Wrap

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by JoeyV, Aug 22, 2012.

1. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

Hey guys, me again!

With the great work Hamza has done in pushing the permanent coatings on the ft86 forum, many of the new owners are turning towards the services and are looking for someone in Montreal offering the service. This one is no different.

This car belongs to Dominic/megatron on ft86 forum. He made a thread asking about who offered the Opti-Coat service in Montreal and our very own Alex/boredstudent was quick to respond and mention my name (thanks Alex!). I sent Dominic a private message with a bit of info and about 5 minutes later, we booked an appointment over the phone. I explained to him that due to the current situation with Opti-Coat syringes, I would be using another brand of product which was very similar.

On to the pictures!

Products Used:

Washing
    Sunlight Soap
    Zep's Citrus Degreaser
    Iron-X
    AutoGlym Custom Wheel Cleaner
    Elegance Wheel Cleaner
    Elegance Clay Lube
    Riccardo blue Clay
    Stoner's Invisible Glass
    Heat Gun
    Various bushes and mitts.

Correction
    Flex Rotary
    PC 7424XP
    Black Lake Country flat pads
    White Lake Country CSS pads
    Meguiar's #105
    Meguiar's #205

Protection
    Wolf's Chemical Body Wrap
    Poorboy's World Bold N' Brite tire gel
    Poorboy's World Wheel Sealant

The show starts here at the back. Dominic asked me to get rid of this hideous dealership sticker which he asked not to have on the car in the first place.
    [​IMG]

Then we went around the car and he pointed out a few things he wanted taken care of, such as water spots...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

...holograms...
    [​IMG]

...a few deeper scratches...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

...and manufacturer grease drips.
    [​IMG]

The wheels didn't look too bad, but for a car just out of the dealer, the wheel wells were surprisingly dirty.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Going around the car, I also pointed out a few spider webs and light scratches.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, I dropped Dominic off at home and got to work. I started with a degreasing foam wash. [Sunlight and Zep's Citrus]
    [​IMG]

I then decontaminated it with iron-X and clayed it, washed it again and brought it inside to work on the paint. I started by taping it up.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

As Alex put it, that big metal door is the entrance to my Vault of detailing supplies. lol
    [​IMG]

Here's a closer view of the deeper scratch on the A-pillar.
    [​IMG]

Being on a bent piece of sheet metal, I didn't want to risk burning through the paint, so I took a paint reading and went light on the polishing.
    [​IMG]

I did the same with the C-pillar scratch.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I got to work on the car. Other than the 2 deeper scratches, the job consisted mostly of refining and jeweling the paint to prep it for Body Wrap, so no crazy 50/50 or before and afters.
    [​IMG]

No pics of the Body Wrap application...so on to the final shots.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

C-pillar scratch almost completely gone.
    [​IMG]

Same for the A-pillar one.
    [​IMG]

Here is the video I made for this car.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSRGWydX6YA&feature=youtu.be

As usual, thanks for viewing, questions and comments are always welcome.

Cheers!

2. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Man, permanent coating are taking the FR-S community by storm, nice job! Car looks great!

3. JoeyV

Yes they are. It's a good thing too. The paint is a little on the thin and fragile side for these cars, so these coatings are a great help for them.

Thanks for the kind words! :)

4. sikedsyko

sikedsyko DB Forum Supporter

Is that why I've been contacted by 2 new owners of those cars in the last few weeks, specifically looking for Opti-Coaters? lol :worship2::headbang:

5. drew935

drew935 Auto Salon Works

Well done Joey!
    Yes, they are easy cars to work on. I've ordered all of my opti coat from Phil and haven't had a bad syringe shipped to me yet.
    Keeping it stored level is the key ;)
    I'm doing my 9th and 10th GT86 next week! :headbang:

6. JoeyV

Most probably! lol
    Thanks. Maybe Phil didn't receive any of the bad batch, and therefor could not ship any out. Storing them upright is definitely important and I will be doing so with all future syringes.

Good luck with the forthcoming Hachi-Roku's!

7. drew935

drew935 Auto Salon Works

Yup, maybe you're right with Phil's stock. :D

Same to you with the 86's in your area! ;)

8. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

yeah buddy!

great job on the vehicle. if you're not storing detailing supplies behind the steel door...then just what are you hiding there?...:shead: ---> :p:

9. JoeyV

Behind the door is actually my basement. It is where I keep my detailing stuff as well, but mostly used for playing Wii and rocking out with the musical equipment.

10. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

Nice job!