Detailed: 2006 Acura RSX - Vivid Blue Pearl (WOW)

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Marc08EX, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Marc08EX

Marc08EX Jedi Nuba

Wheels/Tires:
    Meguiar's Deep Crystal / Mother's All Wheel Cleaner on wheels
    Meguiar's APC on tires
    Meguiar's Hyper Dressing on tires
    EZ Detail brush for the barrels

Wash:
    Gilmour Foam Gun
    Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss via Foam Gun and 2BM
    Meguiar's Microfiber Wash Mitt

Clay:
    Meguiar's OTC Clay
    Meguiar's Last Touch

Paint Correction:
    Flex 3401 VRG
    Meguiar's G100
    Meguiar's M105 / Meguiar's W8006 Pads
    Menzerna Super Intensive Polish / LC Orange Pads / LC White Pads
    Menzerna Nano Polish (106FF) / LC Grey Pad
    Craftsman 500W Halogen Lights

LSP:
    Menzerna Powerlock / Meguiar's Foam Applicator Pad (left 12 hours to cure)
    Autoglym HD Wax

Interior:
    Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer

I was excited to detail this car because it is a show car and also unique!!! The car had very tasteful mods & it had horsepower to back it up. The car arrived clean. It only had very light swirl marks underneath a layer of Arizona dust. Here are some before pictures... Sorry I only have a few pictures because I couldn't really capture the swirl marks with the intense arizona sun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are some wash pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I tried getting some clay pictures but the embedded dirt was very light.

All taped up and ready to go:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After claying the car, I performed an IPA wipe down to see the true condition of the paint. I was shocked to see the amount of swirls the paint had!!! It didn't have that much swirls when we first inspected the car before delivering it to me. I guess the previous layer of wax hid all some of the swirls.

Since this car is a show car, I wanted the paint to look as perfect as possible. I decided to go ahead and use a 2 step detail right off the bat. I also recently received my Meguiar's M105 so I wanted to try that out as well. I used both Meg's M105 and Menz SIP throughout my paint correction phase. Here are some 50/50 shots:

Passenger Side Door:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Driver Side Door:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can literally see the pearl popping in the after shots... The pearl flakes were more noticeable and the color of the paint changed from a light hazy blue to a deep and rich blue. Here's a 50/50 shot I took just trying to show the difference in the reflection. You can really notice the clarity improvement achieved.

[​IMG]

Driver side rear quarter panel:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Passenger side rear quarter panel:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Approximate time: 12-13 Hours. I don't know why it took this long...

2. Marc08EX

Marc08EX Jedi Nuba

Here are some after shots inside the garage after Menz Powerlock has been applied:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Menz powerlock was left to cure overnight. The next day, I applied a coat of Autoglym HD wax. Here are some pictures after this step: (My jaw literally dropped when I saw the shine after removing AGHD)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What do you guys think?? I wanted to post better pics in a different location but I didn't want to drive the car since it's not mine. Plus, the car is LOOWWWW!!! Didn't want to scrape the car either.

3. bonehead

bonehead Jedi Nuba

Nice work, Marc! When did you do this one? It's been crazy hot the last few weeks. And why didn't you call me?!!!?:)

4. Marc08EX

Marc08EX Jedi Nuba

Thanks Ed! I did this one yesterday.. I'm sorry that I didn't call you. I thought that I'd help you out with your 911 so I'll just show you the ropes then. When are you planning to do that? It's so hot outside...

5. bonehead

bonehead Jedi Nuba

Really wanted to tackle it this weekend, but it's just too hot. How's next weekend looking for you? Only problem is Sunday is forecasted for rain:(

6. Marc08EX

Marc08EX Jedi Nuba

I was blessed yesterday because the temps were relatively cooler from the wind. It was still hot by any standards lol! I just went out of the garage a couple of minutes ago and it was steaming... I don't know how I was able to do it yesterday...

I can help you out next weekend! Maybe we can detail the car when it's raining so it will be cooler!! Just don't drive the car til it stops hahaha! Also, don't believe the forecast more than 3 days in advance... I think they're inaccurate the further they go LOL!

7. bonehead

bonehead Jedi Nuba

Great! If it rains or the direct sun is too much, I can pull the other cars out of the 2 car spot and we can work in the garage.
    Do you have lights that you can bring?

8. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

Marc, your best detail to date! Looks great

9. Marc08EX

Marc08EX Jedi Nuba

Thanks a lot Brendan!!! I really hope to get more details because of this! :)

How's it going?? What cars are lined up for your detailing skills? :)

10. GDAL

GDAL Guest

great work man!! I really like all the cars that you have done so far!!

11. BrendanS

had a G35, Protege5, and a Maxima I detailed the past couple days. Currently working on a 98 Accord Coupe and have an E92 M3 tomorrow. Nothing to fancy, excited for the M3 though. Than after that I'm taking a rest and have a G35 again next weekend

12. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

car turned out great. good job

13. Hostage1978

Hostage1978 Guest

nice work, those final shots are money in the bank!

14. 02blackout

02blackout DB Forum Supporter

Good job Marc!!!

Yeah I do, I'll bring em on over!

15. bonehead

bonehead Jedi Nuba

Haha. If you pay for your plane ticket from TN, you're more than welcome to stay:applause2:

16. Marc08EX

Marc08EX Jedi Nuba

Thank you GDAL!

Brendan, damn you have a lot of cars lined up!!! Good for you!! I'm sure you're excited about the E92 M3. They're sick cars. You should get that instead of the evo :D. Don't you feel sore after doing a full day detail? I don't think I can do full correction on different cars everyday...

Thanks Misha!

Thanks for the compliments!! I really tried to capture the deepness and slickness of the paint. It really shined like crazy.

Thanks man!! How's it going?

17. hoppy6698

hoppy6698 Birth of a Detailer

Nice job mate, nice to see so much correction done without such expensive things like full rotary or SV items. Wish I could find some local heroes near me to help me learn how.

18. BrendanS

haha if I had the money I would get a GTR instead, but for now the Evo is as close to a GTR as I can get lol. Most of these are details without correction. I do get sore and tired but thats what a good nights rest is for. Keep up the good work bro, I'll let you keep this thread on topic lol

19. 02blackout

02blackout DB Forum Supporter

I'll come over and detail the 911!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doing a 1Step on a sexy Caddy Deville tomorrow!

20. Marc08EX

Marc08EX Jedi Nuba

Thanks!

Yeah the Evo is already a sweet car. Wash and wax details are the best! Good money for the amount of time you spend on them. Plus you're not tired. No problem man!! It's about detailing cars so we're still on topic hehehe!