Detailed: 2005 vw caddy (new car)

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by pirex, Oct 31, 2007.

1. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Okey guys! So I need a car that I can use as a company car also, to drive boxes etc in. Its 2 years old and got a TDI engine (diesel).

I bought the car from my local vw-audi dealer, because I got a nice price on it! Y`all know how mutch audis and vw I have had ;)

I took the car on the day, and diden`t want them to wash it etc.

The car was DIRTY!! I used over 2 hours to wash and clay the car! It was tar and etc everywere.

The paint was in a good condition, some swirls but NON scratches. Got me a suprise there :p

Anyway, If I sold the car now, I would earn around 5000 dollars on her, but I don`t think I will do it. Need the car!

My game plan

Wash:
    CG citrus wash and gloss
    Amazing roll off
    LC ultimitt
    Long brush

Engine:

Rinsed with PW
    Sprayed down with Dp engine degreaser
    Agitated with brush
    Rinsed off with PW
    Topped with Optimum protecant

Paint:

Clayed with riccardo clay
    Metabo with white LC CSS pad and menzerna 106FF
    DG 501 with PC speed 3
    Jetseal x 3
    topped with souveran paste wax

Inside:
    Vaccumed
    Wipe down with pinnacle leather and vinyl cleaner (this stuff workes great)
    Protected with optimum protecant
    Windows with dp krystal vision glass cleaner
    Seats and floor sprayed with autoglym interior shampoo, and vaccumed.

All doorjams and paint on inside cleaned with degreaser and protected with DG 501.

EVERYTHING on this car is detailed.

Picture time:​

Before:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

During:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The problem solver:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Afters:

Here you go! After inside the garage (dark and rain outside) Exterior and engine! Rest will come tomorrow, when its daylight :D Oh, and I applyed souveran by hand, and it worked great!! Love the look souveran gave the paint!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Yes, the floor is also sealed with Jetseal!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Interior pictures tomorrow! Enjoy!

2. Nica

Nica Banned

Looks wicked pirex, I like the shape of that vehicle...not sure why but I like it and I'm not a big fan of vans.

Hey are those studded winter tires? Man you guys take winter seroiusly don't you ;) We aren't aloud to use studded tires here in Canada, you can use them if your out in the country but not on the roads, well at least that's what I was told.

Look forward to the rest of the pictures bro.

Thank you for sharing.

3. pirex

Thanks Nica, I like the shape to. Just wait to see how the car will look next summer :D

Yes sir, studded! We need them here, ice and shit on the road! But we also use winter tires without them.

4. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

boooooooo

you can;t leave us hanging like that!

Nica: you should import an S-Cargo.. Would be a sweet detailing ride.

5. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Damn, that's quite a lot of paint to work on!

I hope that you wash and dress the spare snow tires!!!

6. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

yes we can, my bro has studded tires for winter, wejust cant use chains in the city, so you can still get studs.

and it looks great pirex, im excited to see the finsihed product :righton:

7. pirex

Updated!

8. Calgarydetail

i have a quick question, how many vehicals do you own? It seems like thereis a new one every week lol

9. pirex

haha. Just the caddy and bora now! Sold the Hiace and the allroad! Everything is for sale, for the right price ;)

10. Calgarydetail

make sence, but it seems everytime i come on there is something new. It sounds like you have turned flipping vehicals into a business.

11. pirex

True, on one side I have. I am so freaking lucky with my buys, so I can earn on them. Like the caddy, I can sell it right now, and get a profit on 5000 dollar. Easy money. But I will keep it, I think...DAMN! I am sick :(

Have had 8 car on 2 years.

12. P1et

WOW Pirex, I didn't know you sold the Allroad! When did this happen??? You didn't own it for more than 2 weeks it seemed...

13. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Man KT it looks brand new. The door jams look excellent, and the interior, especially the jet sealed floor hahah. Can't wait for outside pictures. It already looks good inside the garage. The engine bay I can eat off of. You turned that Caddy around :D

14. pirex

Sold it last week ;) Happend pretty fast, took around 3 days before it got sold! Had it around 2 months! So, what do you think about the detail? :p

15. Nica

Nica Banned

Vehicle look sharp pirex, the inside is wicked :righton: the inside has a very nice reflection :thumb:

I've been corrected, we can use studded tires just not chains lol...yea that makes sense as I just stoped by a tire store that was selling studded tires hahahaha.

Can you imagine a vehicle with chains riding down town hahahahahaha wouldn't that be something :wall:

16. P1et

Sorry Pirex, I was so taken by the fact that I read that the Audi was gone that I forgot to mention the detail.

First of all, big VW fan. And you know this! Second of all, that's a LOT of paint to work with and you did a great job. Surprised that you got it that good by just using 106FF, but I guess the rotary is a lot faster than the PC! You're insane for using Jetseal on the floors, but insane in an OCD way! Your boxes will be sliding left and right like there's no tomorrow!!!

17. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

18. ChristR

ChristR Birth of a Detailer

[​IMG]

If you look at the green bootles on the shelf, that's Pirex' real secret...:p

19. pirex

Thanks for all the nice comments guys :D I love to have the car parked in the garage for many days, and just work my way on it ;)

ChristR: haha, nice one :p I would never use that shit on my car!!

20. Calgarydetail

what is that green stuff?