Detail with Lusso

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by JLs Detailing, Dec 7, 2007.

1. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Well I was suppose to detail a new Mustang GT convertible today for one of the doctors my wife works for. Well I went to pick it up and he forgot to drive it to work. We rescheduled for Monday but I was really looking forward to it because it's red and I was going to use my Lusso for the first time. Well I went back home and decided that the daily driver my Grand Cherokee was going to get a detail then. Here's a quick rundown of what I did for the exterior.

Tires/Wheels: I used Majestic Solutions Wheel Brite on the wheel barrels first since they have been bad since I got it. I sprayed it on then agitated with my old EZ Detail brush and rinsed off. Then I sprayed the entire wheel and tire and well with Majestic Solutions Super Green Stuff APC. This way if any Wheel Brite was left over the Super Green Stuff would neutralize it. Cleaned the wheel with my Swissvax brush and my new prototype wheel Shmitt. This Shmitt has a renforced pad inside. It feels like the hook and loop side of a buffing pad. It renforces it so your fingers won't pop through after a lot of use. This was the first time I've used it but I really like it. I dressed the wells with MS Quick Details and dressed the tires with Surf City Beyond Black.

Windows: They got CG's Window Cleaner mixed 50/50 with Demineralized water. Applied with an El Gordo MF and buffed off with a Guzzler. This stuff does an absolute awesome job.

Wash: Washed with CG's Citrus Wash N Gloss in the Foam Cannon. Lower panels were pretreated with MS Super Green Stuff and bugs got MS Bug Off and Pinnacle safe scrub.

Trim: Trim got Poorboys Trim Restorer. I have Black WoW on the way and can't wait to get it and try it.

Paint: OK paint was in good shape as I had already polished just a few months ago and have been keeping the paint maintained. I knew it just needed the old LSP stripped off so I could start fresh. It had 4 Star UPP Paint Sealant on it before. I decided to use the Lusso Revitalizing Creme to cleanse the paint. Like I said the Jeep has been regularly cleaned since the polishing so I knew the paint wasn't that bad. Was I amazed at how dirty the white polishing pads were when I finished! I applied it with the Flex of course and used the LC CCS pads on speed 3. The Creme went on really well and came off very easy with my yellow/black CG's MF (see that P1et? :headbang:). And oh yeah P1et you can easily get more than 2 cars out of it. I did the Cherokee and barely put a dent in it. This stuff seemed to clean better than Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion and 4 Star's Pre-Wax Cleaner, the other cleansing lotions I have used.

OK after buffing off the Revitalizing Creme it was time for the Lusso Oro. I applied it with the Flex on Speed 1 with the red LC CCS pad. I really love this pad for LSP's. The one thing I immediately noticed was after the Revitalizing Creme the finish was so slick that it was like applying wax to an icy surface. I mean the Flex was almost sliding all over the place when I started. I put the Oro on thin and buffed off with the CG's edgeless buffing MF. I can say that FMINUS was 100% right when he told me it looked like Souveran. This looked as good to me as my Souveran and is half the cost. :woot: I was hoping that when I used it on the red Mustang that it would look great well now I have absolutely NO DOUBT that it will! I can't wait to use it again. Thanks to Phil for the group buy because without that I might never have tried this great offering. If you have a dark colored car I HIGHLY recommend this wax.

Here are some pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Paint

2. Divine Detail

Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

Well...looks like there is another product I should be testing out. Let me know how the durability of it is

3. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

looks excellent wolfpacker, that black looks wonderful, deep and glossy like a mirror!

4. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Wetness..... :headbang:Solid job as usual. These two pics are my faves
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

How does the MS 1-2 punch you use do on the wheels? Especially compared to SC?

MS Quick Details = How does this compare to Stoners, is it aerosol?

Is it my imagination or does the SC Beyond Black look wetter on your tires than usual?

Is the Oro WOWO?

You'll get your hands on that red paint and make it bling. Then the next appointment you have he won't forget his car... you can count on that!:buffing::buffer:

5. JLs Detailing

Hey thanks bro! Yeah I don't think he'll forget again, he felt really bad that he had but I told him no sweat. You know considering what he looks at all day I can see why his mind wasn't on his car :what:.

The MS 1-2 punch works great! Very little elbow grease and great results, I mean the wheels I have used this on really seem to shine. I purposely didn't put any QD on the wheels when I was finished so you could see how they are in the pics.

MS Quick Details is an aerosol just like Stoners, only it smells really really good. Has the same smell as FK425 to me.

I don't think it's your imagination about the SC on the tires. I really think it's the Goodyears. For whatever reason every set of Goodyear Wranglers that I have put SC on seems to look wetter and shinier. The Volvo has Khumo's and my Stealth has Bridgestones and neither look as wet or shiny as the Goodyears do. I had the ridges on the sidewalls but the SC works perfect on them.

Yes the Oro is wowo and it comes off really really easy!

6. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Great job Wolfpacker, nothing better looking than a freshly detailed black vehicle.

7. JLs Detailing

EXACTLY :headbang:!

8. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

Nice!

9. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Looks good. I havent gotten another chance to use the Oro since applying it over JS on the Bentley. Cant wait to see how it really looks.

10. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

wow wow wow looks fantastic. Looks like i might need to by some in the new year

11. JLs Detailing

Glad you did that dude because that was my plan too until I read in your post where Phil said not to!

12. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Wetness galore!!! AWESOME JOB!! 3 thumbs up!

13. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Glad someone else could learn from my mistake too. :thumb:

14. maesal

maesal Birth of a Detailer

Great results.
    It will be nice if you could upload a video of the sheeting with this wax.

15. RussECU

RussECU DB Forum Supporter

Very nice Wolf! I have a Matador Red Mica Lexus SC coming soon and I was thinking of using the Oro, but I only see this car twice a year. We will see. It a dd so I still have to think about it.

16. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

WOW, the car looooooooks fantastic :D The paint is so nice!! Very good!

17. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

very very impressed. I just got in some Meg's wheel brite and can't wait to use it!!! and waiting for the perfect vehicle to use the Oro on.... and still waiting on the flex.

love ur vehicle

18. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Wolf, good morning! Absolute stellar job mate, I had been wanting to see a Lusso Oro/Revitalizing Creme review since we did the group buy. Thans for being the first. I am very happy to read that you can do more than two vehicles with the cleaner, I bet not *that* much was used.

Again, TOP WORK!!! That paint just FLAWLESS!

19. JLs Detailing

Thanks man and I thought it was "3 legs"...oh yeah nevermind! :rollinglaugh:

I'm really wanting to do that with the videos, I've just got to take the time to sit down with photobucket and figure it out.

RussECU I think Oro is going to look incredible on red after seeing it on black. I just went and got breakfast for the family and it looks better today than it did yesterday!

What up pirex, glad you liked it!

Hey you know what they say "Always trying to keep up with the Glory's". I really like the Wheel Brite and MS's is rebottled Megs. I think you just have to be diligent when using it and don't leave it on very long and to be really safe go right back behind it with something with a high PH to neutralize anything that might have been left behind. Yeah I was waiting on the perfect car too and I had talked it over with MotorCity and we decided the red Mustang would be it but when that didn't work out I just couldn't wait any longer! Glad I used it now because the Jeep looks great! I found out Thursday that my new Flex bp is on the way so I should be able to do a detail next week with 5.5" pads and find out how that goes.

Hey my man and thanks for the compliments means a lot. You know I really liked the Revitalizing Creme and man putting Oro over top of it was soooo easy. I'm telling you the surface was sooo slick that it was like trying to apply wax to ice. And yes I barely made a dent in the Creme at all and did the entire Jeep. Again this stuff will take the place of my Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing lotion for sure.

20. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Not to? why?