Der Wunder WAffle weave towels

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by lonewolf525, Sep 26, 2009.

1. lonewolf525

lonewolf525 Jedi Nuba

Guys i am having some issues with me blue Der Wunder towels. they are the big 16x24 WW and they do not suck up water at all. anyone else have problems with these WW towels?

2. chefwong

chefwong Birth of a Detailer

In general with any WW, I tend to *prime* them by using them on windows 1st.

However, they do so *suck up water* better as they age -- -like a fine wine IMO.

3. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Have had this issue:

1. Soak in a strong APC solution and agitate like you are washing clothes
    2. Soak in strong Down solution and agitate like washing clothes
    3. Wash as normal with MF detergent

This should fix your problem.

4. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I did this exact process to some of my shag rags to get the wax residue out of them.

Except I did the dawn thing first, then a soak in meg's APC, then washed them with MicroRestore detergent.

5. lonewolf525

lonewolf525 Jedi Nuba

ok thanks guys i will try that out and see what happens. they are in perfect condition but the do not soak up water.

6. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Please let us know how that works for ya.

7. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

first of all, how do you start your drying process, with a DRY MF towel, or with a DAMP MF towel? First thing you really need to do is to soak your MF towel in a bucket of water (I add a few drops of ONR) for 15-30 seconds, then wring it out. ONLY THEN you can start drying your vehicle. Damp MF is much softer then dry, I don't understand WHY people still start drying their cars with a DRY MF towel... Now if you have this problem because of age of that MF towel, I suggest you boil it, or wash it in a washer with a STEAM cycle.

8. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I will have to try out the ONR bit. I sometimes use a damp but sometime I do not use a damp WW. I never use a damp MF if I am using a normal napped MF only if I am using a WW will I sometimes use it damp. I have never tried ONR in the bucket, I have used ONR as a drying aid.

9. lonewolf525

lonewolf525 Jedi Nuba

Supercharged

i have done both types of drying; damp and dry WW. i have noticed that damp WW work better than dry WW. so i tend to wet them first then wring them out then start to dry my cars. i will try to boil them like you described and see what happens. Question with boiling the WW. do i add something to the water or just water alone in a sauce pan with water and WW. thanks

10. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Just bring water to a boil in a large pot, lower he heat and put the MF in the pot and keep a eye on it. Dont need to add anything to the water. Just keep a eye on it and make sure the water level does not get too low.

11. lonewolf525

lonewolf525 Jedi Nuba

i suppose that this technique can be done to all waffle weave towels.

12. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

It can be done to any MF. Just make sure you put too many in the pot. I wuld say one large drying towel or two smaller 16xXX towel.

Works great on your wax MF so get rid of the caked in wax in the fibers to better there performance.

13. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I agree, to a point. The only towel I have had problems with using dry is my Sonus towel. My Poorbiys towels work fine when they are dry, with or without a drying aid.

14. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

just water without any chemicals...

Once in a while (like every thrid wash or so) when I wash my drying towels, I just run them on steam washing cycle...saves me a trouble of boiling them...

15. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I agree with Supercharged: it's amazing how much water a DAMP WW will pick up versus a completely dry one.

I usually lay the WW completely FLAT on the bonnet of a vehicle that I just washed and soak up most of that water. After that, wring it out, and wipe off the entire vehicle. Works a charm!