Denali Destruction

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by SRT8Spartan, Feb 27, 2013.

1. SRT8Spartan

SRT8Spartan DB Forum Supporter

After finishing up work for a friend he asked me to do work on his wives Yukon Denali. It has been taken through automated washes and is definitely a beaten mom beast of a car, soon as I saw it I knew it needed a good amount of loving. Just finished a full day today just full through compounding and polishing with headphones on without a break. For the most part I am very happy with the way it has turned out, still had a lot of work the second day as I got a brunt of the corrective work done. Here we go:

Upon inspection
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Scuffs from whoever installed clear bra

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tail Scuffs

[​IMG]

Pillar Scratches

[​IMG]

Deep Tailgate scratches

[​IMG]

Rear absolutely destroyed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mirror looking bad

[​IMG]

Waterspots

[​IMG]

Passenger Door/Rear Pillar
    [​IMG]

Rear Handle
    [​IMG]

Left Tail
    [​IMG]

50/50's Front Fender
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Actually cleaned up nicely in the end
    [​IMG]

Whoever installed clear bra didnt polish before installing...
    [​IMG]

Tailgate Cleaned Up
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Continued...

2. SRT8Spartan

And this is why I left the lower door/rocker and bumper for today, the pictures will speak for themselves.

Rear bumper
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lower door

[​IMG]

Before

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not completely finished out but with how much compounding that took place this will look much better and much more would be unwise, and is actually curved back from you as you view it so it will look just great in the end.

This greeted me on the hood in the morning today, sawdust :D haha, I was doing the work in a carpentry warehouse. had lots of room so that was nice.

[​IMG]

Finished up

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally as mafioso as it should look :D. Fully anticipating to remove the clear bra soon here as the owner decides he wants to. It was definitely hammered but as the work wasn't meant for 100% correction he was very happy with how it came out. Thanks for looking!

3. SRT8Spartan

**Haha, just got an email now as I posted this that he wants to have the clear bra removed to looks like Ill have some more work ahead of me as well.**

4. fech

fech Birth of a Detailer

That's an awesome turn around. Great job!

5. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

Great job!

6. SRT8Spartan

Thanks a lot fellas, should be more to come too when I get to removing the clear bra, think I have a project in itself awaiting me there too.

7. Mpower4life

Mpower4life DB Pro Supporter

make sure that hood has not been repainted or I would not touch the clear bra.... unless you have a disclaimer

8. SRT8Spartan

I made sure to let him know of the possibilities, and have covered myself incase of anything was to happen. He has owned it the entire life of the vehicle so he knows it wasn't repainted. He actually let me know he is fully ready to have all these panels repainted anyways, so in the end I think he is going to see how my work go's and if that sufficed then he will stick with that, and if not he will go ahead with a front clip repaint.

9. HeavyD

HeavyD DB Forum Supporter

Whew!! That thing was beat!!! Great job!! I hate working on excessively huge mom-rides. Hopefully you will get more time with that beast than the car wash for proper maintenance

10. stingray23

stingray23 Jedi Nuba

What a mess it was. Nice turnaround.

11. Daniel Shook

Daniel Shook Any Rag Vehicle Washer

That looks 10000x better. You know it's bad when you don't have to shine the light on it to see the defects. Looks great. I can't imagine how much work went into a vehicle that big, in that bad of shape, that's also black. . . Good on you for doing it and congrats on what looks like a happy/returning customer.

12. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

looks GREAT. Awesome work coming out Michigan. In what part of the "hand" do you live?

13. SRT8Spartan

I don't like big mom-mobiles either, prefer the exotics which I work a good majority of my work with. I am close with the owners husband and spent a good amount of time with him talking about proper wash techniques and he was very excited to learn how to and wasnt against buying all new products.

Thank you sir! :thumb:

Thanks a lot man! Sure was a ton of work, and in the end was really worth it. Since he's a good friend I was glad to help him out, but still had hold back my OCD from a 100% correction haha. Most of the time it is but with what I was working with there really wasnt any other choice from the readings I had.

Thanks you! Michigan represent right?! haha I am currently on the west side of the state in Grand Rapids but do a good amount of work down near Detroit, hope here soon to put up more "high end" work as Michigan unthaws haha, have a good amount of clients on the ledger for spring work so should have something nicer to contribute to the community, maybe not quite as much as jimmy and bob but hey I'm in the tundra up here, not summer paradise :D haha.

14. Daniel Shook

Daniel Shook Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Nice! Michigan! I'm in the Midland/Tri Cities Area. Keep up the good work!

15. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Used to live in Clarkston and work in Pontiac for a few years. I always thought it was funny that everyone uses their hand to point where they live up there. Wasn't a fan of the Metro area, but the UP is beautiful.

16. SRT8Spartan

very familiar with clarkston, spent tons of time playing golf in the area in HS/college, Shepherds Hollow, Boulder Pointe mostly. Yeah Im more of a UP guy too but lately since Im in Grand Rapids I like it out there, dont have to drive too far north and your in some great woods and open areas. Good you bumped this too, just got the ok from this guy to remove the stoneguard on this beast.