delivery exception company comparison

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by rfinkle2, Feb 2, 2011.

1. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

Although I don't want anyone risking their lives to transport wax for gods sake, has anyone noticed UPS / FEDEX /USPS to be more "efficient" when shipping packages in inclement weather?

2. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I've shipped most stuff through USPS unless it's gallons of product. They stay pretty steady at 2-3 days via flat rate priority. Though I don't remember if I've actually shipped anything during terrible storms.

3. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

i think Fedex trucks must have dedicated snow tires (or snowmobiles). UPS may have summer performance tires. :whistle:

4. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

weather has ALOT to do with how these companies operate, but they are fairly efficeient. USPS does exceptions as well, but you dont generally not them becuase you dont always get realtime tracking from USPS. its annoying I know. LOL.

5. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Sometimes, delivery confirmation tracking with USPS is a waste of money. I usually always ship USPS priority. For the price, its hard to beat. Usually dont have any problems with them. I have had one experience with a package I sent to a member recently. But it showed up about 2 days late.

6. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Yeah, the tracking updates suck. Most cases, the package arrives before they update the system.