Definitive Wax from UK

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by Raven, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Raven

Raven Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Has anyone tried any of these Definitive Wax boutique waxes from the UK yet?

My 50ml sample pots arrived last week, they seem very nice quality. Remember the world's most expensive car wax from Brough and Howarth? These are the same guys!

I haven't had a chance to test them out yet. I love my Swissvax waxes, so I feel these would make a great comparison!

Definitive Wax - Fine Handmade Car Waxes

[​IMG]

A quick bit of info about the ones I've got are:

Rotundus - is for wheels.

Durus Glaze - is for the winter months and high mileage vehicles. Highly durable.

Ostendo Glaze - is a wet look show wax.

Exemplar Glaze - the first formula and our entry wax, 2months durability.

Synthetic Edition - as the name suggests, synthetic blend suitable for all cars and gives that glassy look associated with sealants. Highly durable.

Number One - Ostendo with increased the carnauba wax, beeswax and oils. Suitable for all cars and suited to the wax collector or connoisseur.

89 Mystery - 89% carnauba wax that won't make it into production.

2. Raven

I'm naturally most interested in Ostendo and Number One, but also looking forward to what the others have to offer!

3. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I did get my sample of Durus in and 89% is on order. I do want to get Number 1 sometime next year as I have read some good things; but I just saw a posting about the new ones coming up for next year and the Superleggera sounds interesting. I also thought about them doing a custom blend for me but have gone away from that for now.

They are bringing back the marble wax (most expensive wax) in 2013.

4. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Someone mentions wax and theres Ank!! LOL

5. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Ken....I have no comment...I am everywhere but just been busy so staying underground. But I have been following Definitive Wax for some time now good stuff I think.

6. Raven

Haha! So I guess you're happy I started the whole 50ml sample craze then! :applause2:

Yes, I'd like a custom blend too! I thought getting these samples would be a great way to see what I like first. I'd also like a Mitchell & King custom blend as well! But next wax purchase will be SV Insignis V3 hopefully!

7. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I have them bookmarked as theirs is one of the nicest detailing sites bar none. Their waxes look nice. Buy a tub Ank and I'll buy a sample from you!

8. wheelzntoys01

wheelzntoys01 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I though I was done buying new waxes a few weeks ago, but these sample offerings got me buying them.

I have the top 3 from your photo and awaiting for Carrera, Rosso, Synergy, 89 and Heinz 57 (all sample pots).

Haven't had time to try them yet.

9. mohebmhanna

mohebmhanna Any Rag Vehicle Washer

is any one can give some light on this: which one you prefer Ostenda glaze (many have recommended) or Insignis V3.

10. frankiman

frankiman Birth of a Detailer

How do you want someone compare the 2 when theres only one person, as we know, in this world who own insignis v3 and obviously is opinion is biased ?

11. Raven

I've been told the Number One is wet wet wet! but haven't tried it myself yet. I better not miss out on buying Insignis V3 as well.....

12. mohebmhanna

mohebmhanna Any Rag Vehicle Washer

That is true and I agree with you as well. Put it this way, when I read the description for V3 I couldn't get more information to make sure it's better than V2. Except one statement said it creates impressive "soft" reflections specially on dark non-metallic paintwork. Just I would like to know more before making my decision.

13. frankiman

you already own insignis? the way I see it, it has the easy on/off caracteristic of Concorso and share the same price tag as well as the fruity smell. However, it last longer thus meaning its colser to mystery in term of durability so is it a good deal ? well if you want extreme wet-look you have to choose concorso or crystal rock if you want a good bang for the buck than I guess insingis is a great buy.

But I would rate Number one higher than Concorso or Mystery ( in fact, Insignis is about the only wax I havent tried from SV). And yes I own Number one.

14. frankiman

Here's a review I did about Number One,

| Definitive Wax Number One Review |