Deep Reach Wheel Brush

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by TexasTB, Nov 4, 2008.

1. TexasTB

TexasTB Obsessive Detailer

Found this Wheel Brush at AutoZone.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The brush head is about 10 inches, with the handle, the brush comes to 15 1/2 inches in length.
    First time I have seen them in my AutoZone here. $4.99.
    Soft and bendable. Tip is covered in rubber. Seems very safe to use on wheels.
    Not sure if it's a bargain in your book, but it beats the price of other brushes online....

2. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

Looks like a very nice wheel brush. I may check my local AZ out tomorrow. I am actually using a baby bottle brush to clean my inner rims. Heck for $4.99 how bad could it be....we all are basically guilty of blowing well more than that on products.

3. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

the brush looks decent Chris .. have you tried the easy detail brush..i had mine for a year before using it ..the damn brush is nice i didn't want to remove from the package..now it's all i use...i found a few nice MFs at the autozone bt the house...light blue double sided $6.99

[​IMG]

4. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

looks good to me too!!! I have an AZ five minutes from me...:applause::applause::applause::applause: :applause::applause::applause::applause:

5. TexasTB

It gets into some tight spots as well. Slipped it though my 1/2 inch box end wrench.

I havent used the Easy Brush, but have seen it up close. I was actually thinking of buying one, but now we will see how this brush works out for me. If it saves me some on the cost and shipping and works fine, then I will just buy a few more of these. I seen some new MF's at AZ too, though I didn't look too close at them, as I was in hurry. I will have to check them out next time I head that way

6. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I bought similar brushes from Harbor Freight. They have worked well for me.

7. DG 501

DG 501 Jedi Nuba

The EZ brush is awesome Chris! Try it..... you will see! But .... nice find. Keep us updated, please.

8. Strs90

Strs90 Birth of a Detailer

I can't remember but isn't that towel something odd like 85/15?

9. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

They're really soft though!

10. Jimmie

Jimmie Birth of a Detailer

That AZ brush looks like a mini EZ one. Bends the same too.

11. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Yeah, I've noticed a lot of the products that AZ has been selling the past few months. It seems to be rebrands of Carrand and those towels seem to be very similar to what Eurow sells.

12. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Wheel Detailing Brush This non-scratch, very flexible, E-Z Detail Brush is 18 inches long, 4-1/2 inches in diameter and is super-soft with Nylex bristles, a material that combines the softness of a natural bristle with the strength of nylon. There's a vinyl tip bonded to the top of the brush and a knuckle guard on the handle but the most impressive feature of this brush is the flexible, inner core. This vinyl-coated wire core will bend in every imaginable direction which allows the brush to get into areas where few other brushes can reach. Proper Auto Care- E-Z Detail Brush

Alternative products-
    a) Lambs wool wheel cleaning brushes - called Wheel Woolies; these brushes drastically cut the amount of time it takes to clean almost any kind of wheel. Each brush is 12- inches long with a chemical resistant handle and a bonded wool head. Proper Auto Care - Classic Motoring Accessories - Car Buffers, Car Waxes, Car Polishes, Auto Detailing Supplies, Car Covers, Car Accessories.

b) Spoke & Slot Brush - simple, safe, and effective, ultra-soft bristles squeeze into wheel crevices. Top of the line - Spoke & Slot Brush
    c) Lambs Wool Spoke Brush - it replaces those awkward spoke brushes that never seem to be the right size and lack soft bristles on the tip. This tapered ultra soft tool is completely covered with 100% lambs wool and is small enough to squeeze between spokes, slots and around bolts 6 1/2" long, 1/2" to 2" in diameter - http://www.topoftheline.com/wool-wheel-brush.html

d) Microfiber Cleaning Wand - the special microfiber thick nap cleans tight spaces in; (0.5"x1.5"x12") wheels use dry or moisten with water for extra cleaning power - no chemical cleaners are needed Machine washable, air dry, no fabric softener. Refills are available – Casabella - http://www.casabella.com/Merchant2/m...gory_code=4300

e) Power Sticks - are designed to be used with your cordless drill, simply wet the wheel with water, spray on your favorite wheel cleaner, attach the Power Stick to your cordless drill, dip the brush end into a bucket of soapy water and allow the friction of the Power Stick's Super Soft Cloth to gently scrub away brake dust clear to the back of the wheel.

f) Deluxe Wheel & Brake Dust Remover Brush - was created to make sure those wheels aren't overlooked. It offers a strong scour pad to remove brake dust from your wheel, as well as an outer soft bristles to clean wheels while protecting that new wheel finish. Grip Tech TM handle for non-slip, easy to grip, stiff bristle tips to clean in between spokes, flexible brush that bends to get into hard to reach rim crevices Removes brake dust and other grime while keeping the wheels shiny and clean -

13. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

got brushes from pepboys that look similar to that and they broke becouse metal near handle rusted and broke off

14. heatgain

heatgain Guest

I use that AZ brush. It's terrific. Works just like the EZ brush but $20.00 cheaper.

15. TexasTB

Dust 2 Glory, Michael, has/had and EZ brush. It rusted at the handle and broke as well, so it's not just the cheap ones...

16. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Hmm, I never experienced that issue with my EZ and I've had mine for 3 years. I hope I don't have that issue either, LoL.