DD Uber drying towel

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by J BELL, Jul 28, 2008.

1. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Hey guys, i got my eye on Phil's uber drying towels..i have the California drying towel from CG and i absolutely hate it...DDs doesnt look to me like a WW and i use the blotting method of drying so i need one that is really absorbent...to those that have used it...does it sound like a good fit? Thanks all

I should also include taht i am considering the Cobra Guzzler HD WW towel

2. scheerspeed

scheerspeed DB Forum Supporter

i hate the cobra towel... i bought one.. now i use it for my wheels

3. Chris

Chris Two Bucket System Washer

I just picked up a couple of them haven't had a chance to use them yet but they are WW. I probably won't wash the car until wednesday but I will post back after I do.

4. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

The Cobra WW are aweful, I use Pakshaks WW.

5. Nica

Nica Banned

I've used the Cobras a bit and to be honest I wasent too impressed with them, just my :2cents: though.

I haven't used Phils (DD) towels though, so no comment.

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Which Cobras did you use? I use the Cobra Deluxe Jr and think they are pretty good. I've also got Cookie monsters from Chris. They both work well for specific duties but neither does everything well so I just carry both on my van. My WW and interior towels I get from my Autoglym rep. Hes started selling a new brand and they are way better than the old ones. I have one of each towel coming from Poorboys. I'll let you know how they work.

7. Nica

Nica Banned

The towels I used were the Supreme Guzzler Waffle Weave By Cobra and the The Guzzler Waffle Weave by Cobra. I wasn't very impressed by them, I've been using eShines towels for a wile now and I'm very pleased with his waffle weaved towels, so pleased I haven't had the need to try any other kind of micro fiber towels, just me though :shrug:

8. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Thanks all for the replies...im just struggling to find one that looks great! With microfiber being a subjective topic it is hard to get clear reviews, but it seems to be unanimous about the cobra towel so i will stay away...and thanks for the heads up about the Uber towel being a WW...looks like i missed the MF sale though!

9. Jetta

Jetta Virgin Detailer

I have the DD uber drying towel and they are very much a WW, even if they don't look like it in the picture. I use 2 to dry the entire car and have only had a problem with running out of dry towel before the car was dry once, but that was a horrible day when most things went wonky.

10. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

I have both...DDs Ubers and AGs Supreme Guzzlers.

To completely dry my crew cab shortbox I need 3 Ubers. The third one is needed to just ensure there are no water spots left. With the Supreme towels I need 4 to do the same job with the fourth just needed to ensure no water marks are left. I dont hate the Supremes but they dont hold as much water thats for sure.

11. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

I really don't care for the Uber drying towels. It is too stiff/hard for my liking. If you want a really good soft WW look at pakshak's ultra soft WW, can't go wrong with those.

12. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Mine got softer after several washes. I agree though they are quite stiff new.

13. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

I recently tried the Monterey's at Excel Detail and absolutely love them. If you like a super soft, yet super absorbent MF drying towel, the Monterey is for you. Here is a review of this towel that I posted at Danase's Detailing forum:

"I just used these towels today for the first time and I was so impressed I had to write a review. You guys just have to try these: Excel Monterey Waffle Weave Drying Towel
    Product Name: Excel Monterey Waffle Weave Drying Towel

Product Container: It's a towel, does not need any fancy containers.

Product Labeling: Again, it's a towel, no fancy labeling needed.

Product Characteristics: Baby blue and extremely, let me say that louder EXTREMELY SOFT towels. These are by far the softest WW MF drying towels I have ever come across. Even my wife noticed how soft they are that she wanted to take one from me and I said "no way!." These towels are also very thin, but don't let this fool you.

Product Performance:
    Thinner than any of my other tons of WW MF drying towels that I have, so much so that at first touch, I was concerned about their drying capabilities. However, the thinness really fools you because these towels are incredibly absorbent. I started drying my car and I could not believe how quickly I was going. I constantly found myself asking "where is the water going?" These things hold tons of water with very little loss in their capacity to dry. They do not lint, do not streak, and definitly do not scratch. I am definitely making these WW drying towels, my number one choice.

Product Price: These things measure 25 x 35, they are very effective and only $10.99. Most WW Microfiber towels cost more than that and don't do the job that these do. Sure, you can probably find a couple out there for a little less (a few cents only) and believe me (as I have tried most out there), they don't even compare.

Product Safety: You can dry your car with the confidence of knowing you won't be marring your paint. "

14. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

I have the Sonus drying towels and they are great. Has anyone tried the P21S drying towel?

15. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I use the Excel Monterey Waffle Weave Drying Towels as well. Great product for a great price!

16. zspectrum

zspectrum Jedi Nuba

Ive tried the cg and DI waffle weave towels. I strongly reccomend the detailed image waffle weave drying towels. I love them. i havnt tried the DD ww towel YET but plan to soon.

17. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

I need to check out Excel's and Pakshak's waffle weaves...the 2 cobra guzzlers I have have been demoted to kitchen duty and the cobra HD I have is good for blotting only IMO.

18. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

I love the towels from Phil, they are awsome!!

19. scheerspeed

scheerspeed DB Forum Supporter

mine look just like the excel ones. i got them from pakshak

20. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Jedi Nuba

Excel's Monterey WW is the best I have, Pakshak's are nice too. The Cobras, meh, alright, just like most other AG products they are hyped to the max and don't perform as well as others who are less expensive.