DB Photography Thread!!!

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by P1et, Nov 15, 2007.

1. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

So there are quite a few of us that enjoy photography, whether it be cars or not. Let's all post up and see if we can learn something from each other.

I'll post one for now, it's of my doggie's paws of when she was sleeping the other night. Very minor tweaking.

[​IMG]

Canon Rebel XT
    Kit Lens (18-55mm)

2. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I really need to get into this

3. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

When I get some time I was thinking of doing a little write up of how to properly take before/ after pictures of paint correction. Would anyone be interested in this?

4. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

YES!! Although the camera i use isn't like those professional cameras... canon powershot a80. It's so hard for me to take shots of imperefections...

P1et, full shot of your doggie please! :p

5. Nica

Nica Banned

P1et gorgeous picture buddy, I too need to learn about how to take a better picture.

D&D I'm very interested on a write up like that :thumb:

The pictures I take I just point and shoot and sometimes I get lucky sometimes I don't :confused: it would be nice to be able to know what to do and how to adjust/compensate certain scenarios.

6. P1et

The price of DSLR cameras has come down so much now and are so user-friendly that there is no excuse for anyone not to own one.

Personally, I have the Rebel XT and then a Canon SD1000 to just carry around with me in pocket.

7. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Alright Ill work on it. Probably wont be able to get to it until December/ January.

8. Scott's Mobile Detailing

Scott's Mobile Detailing Welcome to Detailing

1st off i would like to say...i am looking to sell my canon rebel xt ..so i can upgrade..ive had it for a while now and want the canon d40...but anyways...im a photography major, and also work with a photographer so im taking pictures every day...detailing and photography are my life, they really let me relax and do what im good at...i took these shots of a friend....and i throw in my doggy picture to :)

this is the edited one...just trying something new

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and my doggy

[​IMG]

let me know what ya think

9. Nica

Nica Banned

I got a question, when you said you edited what exactly did you do...oh th epictuers look nice, your friend is very photogenic. I like how the colors on the last two seem to stand out :thumb:

Thanks for sharing.

10. P1et

I'm always amazed by Scott's photos, he's got some great skills.

Thinking about a new lens for Christmas myself!!!

11. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Love your pictures Scott!

12. Scott's Mobile Detailing

on the 1st peicutre i did everything in black and white with a little sepia tone...then i made her in color

13. P1et

Here is a picture of my doggie, Daisy:

[​IMG]

Some other pics I'm proud of:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:thumb:

14. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

Wow, Scott and P1et, both of you take some amazing shots. I always borrow either my dad's or sister's nikon, I cant wait to save up enough for my own.

Heres some I took with my dad's D70

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

they are all edited a little...

I really like taking pictures, I would love to take a class when I get a camera. You can just tell by looking at the pics both of you guys posted, alot of technique goes into taking a really good picture.

15. P1et

Those are some fantastic shots Dontsleep! The Nikon is an amazing camera, and it shows! I don't have loyalty to either Canon or Nikon as they are obviously both great machines.

I have never taken a class but would love to. I want to get to Scott's level!!!

16. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

thanks man

those close up shots of yours are awesome

17. Scott's Mobile Detailing

P1et- i remeber when you posted the liz. pics. on AG ...lol i love those pictures awesome detail...by the way...i was playin with the 40d today at a local photography store and im pretty sure i started to cry...this thing is freakin amazing...its on my xmas list 4 sure

dontsleeponit-those are some awesome shots..keep shooting man...practice is the best thing...ive been getting into off camera flahses and its a hole new ball game...you will never be bored with it...keeo shooting man...and post lots of pics..i love them...you to P1et....take more pics man

18. P1et

I have one more day off this year and I think I might take it off to a) detail the truck and when done with that b) rummage around Austin and take picture of the whole city. Been wanting to do that for a while now!

19. Nica

Nica Banned

That sounds like a good plan P1et...I wouldn't mind going around town and taking some nice pictures...thing is I need to learn some skills first :acry2:

So little time and so many things to learn :coffee: :coffee:

20. distrbd

distrbd New Member

Those pictures are great ,so you used your Canon rebel xt to take them?
    If you want to sell your Canon how much would it be? do you have a lens for it and/or any other accessories? Henry's in Toronto is selling them for $850 with 2 so so lenses.