Daytona wheel brushes continually falling apart

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Matt Lister, May 22, 2012.

1. Matt Lister

Matt Lister Virgin Detailer

Just curious as to whether or not anyone else has come across this problem. My Daytona Speed Masters are always coming apart on me while in the middle of a job, where the twisted wire core threads into the handle. I've tried every type of glue and adhesive I can get my hands on to try and keep them attached. Don't get me wrong. I love these brushes and will most likely always have one or two in my arsenal. Just wanting to know if anyone has any tips or ideas on how to prevent this from continually happening?

daytona.jpg

2. cvprez

cvprez Virgin Detailer

I've had this problem with a number of these brushes - I prefer the wheel woolies now - they hold up better and don't splatter everything all over you.

3. SoCal Garage

SoCal Garage DB Forum Supporter

4. Matt Lister

Matt Lister Virgin Detailer

Those wheel woolies look like they may be on my next order from DD! Thanks for that suggestion cvprez!

SoCal Garage, I have not yet tried the gorilla glue. I actually had no idea they made any sort of glues or adhesives, I just knew about their tape which I've found to be very durable. I will give the gorilla glue a shot! Thanks!

5. SoCal Garage

SoCal Garage DB Forum Supporter

Take some acetone and clean off and super glue, plus, clean-out the inside of the handle to give it a solid bite. Initially, this glue will expand so you need to figure out a means of holding it the pieces where you want them. This should do the trick though as I've used it for situations like yours.

6. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

I have two that have fallen apart.

7. maxepr1

maxepr1 Jedi Nuba

Your lucky you got some of the shaft left to glue in the handle! All the one's that failed on me the handle sheered off flush!

8. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

drill it out and while you're at it, drill a bit deeper into the handle and then glue it back together. by drilling further into the handle, it will be more rigid and flex less in the shaft.

9. scheerspeed

scheerspeed DB Forum Supporter

i constantly have to plasti-dip the black end piece on mine