Daytona Wheel Brush vs. E-Z Detail Brush

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Socal Brian, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

For those who have experience with both help me choose which one to purchase. What are the differences if any and which do you prefer and why? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

from what I've been told by EZ who makes both they are the same item. Just different colors.

3. Socal Brian

Oh ok thanks Phil!

4. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Unless they have changed the original blue EZ, they are not the same. I have the small versions of both and the spine in the Speedmaster is much stiffer.

5. Socal Brian

Thanks Ken. I wonder if they modified since then and are now the same?

6. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

I'll email them to confirm.

7. 911Fanatic

I'm interested to know as well Phil. I heard they had changed the original design of the EZ to match the Speedmaster.

8. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

I did clarify this in another thread.

Both made by the same company.

Daytona Speed Master (Red): Softer bristles, stiffer wire.

EZ Detail: Firmer bristles.

Both brushes offer buttery soft bristles but the Daytona is even softer. This may be a pro or a con depending on your application.

9. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Are they using a stronger wire on the EZ Brush?

10. richguy66

richguy66 DB Forum Supporter

Good info to know. My mini EZ brush is about to break soon and will need a new one soon.

11. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

My faithful EZ brush broke, I hated losing that old friend, sure made quick work of wheels. I just ordered the Daytona (red) version to give it a shot. I'll post as soon as I get some wheel time with it.

12. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

The only thing you can do to help these last longer is to NEVER shake it dry from the handle, as this puts a lot of pressure at the brushstem where it goes into the handle, and this will cause it to break sooner. If you want to shake it to dry, grasp it from in front of the handle, say just below the last row of bristles on the stem and shake it from that point.
    And of course, dont hamfist it doing wheels, so it bends the brush at the joint a lot either.Have to keep it as bend free as possible except when bending it go get behind wheel fronts, etc..
    They are made for motorcycles, were never really intended to be used on wheels with a lot of force we tend to put on them when cleaning those dang dirty brake dusted beauties..:)

Dan F

13. kakeuter

kakeuter DB Forum Supporter

I've owned both and all I can comment on is that the EZ Detail has lasted me much longer than the Daytona. As stated by others, do not shake it to try and dry it out, let it sit in your empty wheel cleaning bucket for a little bit and then hang up once your are through with the job. This will ensure the bristles stay "erect" and will ultimately let the tool work longer for you.

Phil carries these now, so give it a try!

-Kody-

14. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

I thought the Daytona had a thicker wire making it more durable than the EZ Brush.

15. kakeuter

I cannot speak to grade of wire used in the brush, as it may have changed recently (within the last year). All I know is the EZ Detail that I now have has latest much longer than the Daytona.

Pay in mind: the results I have seen MAY be due to the care that I give to the EZ Detail brush.

-Kody-

16. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Are you saying you treat your Daytona differently?

17. 911Fanatic

I think Kody learned to take care of his EZ after beating the crap out of and eventually killing, his Daytona. What do ya say Kody? Hmmmmm.......?

18. kakeuter

I wouldn't say I "beat the crap out of it"...haha. But since the Daytona was my first brush of that kind, I guess I didn't know any better about how to treat it.

I can also say that I don't bend my EZ Detail brush to go around spokes either, I have tried to keep it pretty straight ever since I bought it.

-Kody-

19. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

I use a Daytona Speed Master along-side an EZ Detail and they both seem to have the same wire thickness and strength. The Daytona has noticeably softer bristles, though.

I use them side-by-side because I bent the Dayona in an "L" shape to use in wheel wells. I keep it bent in this position to maximize wire and bristle life. And I use the EZ Detail straight for use on wheel wells, also to maximize wire and bristle life.

After use, I rinse both brushes out thoroughly in hot water and then I comb the bristles with my hand so the bristles retain their original shape/position. Both brushes are then placed upright so they aren't resting on the bristles.

20. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

I always thought the two were the same. I have the blue one and it's pretty cool minus the splatter when you pull the thing out from behind the spokes.