Daily Leather Care

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by darnelld, Feb 7, 2013.

Tags:
  1. darnelld

darnelld Virgin Detailer

I have sliver novillo leather in a '08 M3. I just got this car and the leather is in fantastic shape. As a once every-couple-day routine, is it safe to wipe the seats down with a damp cloth? Or will this dry out the leather over time? :shead:
    Thanks

2. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

3. darnelld

darnelld Virgin Detailer

No not dirty that I can see, but to be honest my eyes are not that of a professional. I was just amazed when I bought the car (not a week ago) that with 18K miles, and 4+yrs old, the leather smelled and looked like new! I have no idea how the previous owner did it. I have never had a car that old have the "new car smell". Just doing my best to keep it that way so all suggestions are welcome :)

4. Kilo6_one

I incorporated a wipe down on my personal cars, as long as its an appropriate product It would be fine for multiple applications a month. Just would not use water, its a known factor in how leather dries out.

5. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Zaino Leather in a Bottle will do that.

6. artemis53

artemis53 Jedi Nuba

Also Chemical Guys, their leather conditioner also has a fresh leather smell. Likely after that long, it is not the actual leather that you are smelling, so that smell will go away soon unless you use something that intentionally adds more fragrance.

7. rjd598

rjd598 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Does it actually smell like the new car smell or does it smell like leather?

8. Kilo6_one

yes, it does. probably one of the best smelling leather cleaners i have smelled.........

9. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Zaino stuff smells AMAZING!

I also recommend the CG cleaner that Kilo recommended. I use it with great results. I usually use Zaino or Leatherique Pristine Clean after a good cleaning. Both work great!

10. pushtiulk

pushtiulk DB Forum Supporter

You can try Leatherique Prestine Clean. Phil has for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

For a daily or quick clean up with a pleasant smell and nice dry matte finish I like Megs quick interior detailer. Can be used on every interior surface including the nav screen.

12. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I've outgrown Zaino, but have to admit their Leather In A Bottle was top notch! But guess what? It smells, looks and acts the SAME as the Duragloss leather cleaner!

13. .:RTime

.:RTime Any Rag Vehicle Washer

i clean with 1z Deep plastic Cleaner then use the 1z leather. Great combo ans seats feel and look awesome