D2G Engine Detail: Beading pics and videos

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Dust2Glory, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

Did an engine detail on the wife's corolla, not done in a while.

RL engine degreaser
    Rinse
    RL engine degreaser
    Rinse
    RL engine dressing (water based)
    dry with compressed air, terry towel wipe down

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(text removed by Nica)

Then for the oustside wanted to try out new combo: Jetseal and Collinite 845IW
    Great look, but the videos are the bomb!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

THAT IS AWESOME BEADING. I need some more IW. I haven't used it forever!

That soap is useless..it just runs off the car!

3. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

thats not to bad at all, thanks for sharing

4. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

i almost have a full bottle and just ordered another... a little tuff to buff off but well worth it

5. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

should i of done something different??:banned:

6. Calgarydetail

haha no im jus pickey, and it looks good. just my way of saying that :whistle:

i dont mean to sound like an ass or a snob, but after seeing the beadoing of vintage nothing i have seen compares.. its like when you start drinking nicer wine, its hard to go back.

I am really impressed actully, it looks like it does and awsome job. I have though of gettig some collinte to try. Like i told pat tonight, there is still more to buy and try :headbang:

7. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

that's always the truth... the beading wasn't what really impressed me as much... the sheeting action is what i like... and I am going more for durability then show. and my wife would kill me, raise me from the dead then kill me again if i were to buy vintage... then again im too cheap to buy souveran. anyway, it's all CG stuff :cool2:

8. Calgarydetail

yeah well sov isnt worth the money, so your not missing out.

and vintage is worth the money, i have only tried it on 4 or 5 cars but it looks AWSOME on all of them, it beads and sheets well, the only problems. I still want to try more. :mounty:

as for CG, im very imterested in it and right looks (as i have mentioned in the past).

in the new year I will be getting a licence so i will be buying tons from each. I just want to be able to wite it off as an expense. :whistle:

the sheeting was sweet, but im still a vintage man lol :p:, also i know what you mean about protection in the winter. I always say im going to fo that then i end up clearing it off and going with looks, im hoping i found a wax that gives boths , only time will tell

9. Nica

Nica Banned

Nice videos there Dust :thumb:

The beading and the way the water just glided of the vehicle is wicked...I too keep forgeting to order Collinite 845IW. As for the Jetseal and Collinite 845IW combo that's wicked :righton:

thank you for sharing..oh by the way did were you washing the vehicle at your place or a wash bay? Just wondering that's all :D

10. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

That's some sick beading. I like that sign that says "PLEASE NO" hahah

11. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

i had actually done the wax couple days prior to the video.. i had started late one afternoon and by the time i was done it was dark so no pics. my wife had driven down dirt roads since then so I took it to a bay to rinse all the dust off, which glided off with ease

12. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Awesome beading there bro! I too love the sheeting action. Told ya the JetSeal was the bomb. I have to learn how to do videos for posting. By the way where is your Flex :p:!

13. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Very nice Dust :D Love how clean the engine looks! And the beading is sweet!

14. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

WOW! Love that detailed engine, love the beading!!!

15. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

Dust that's a cool video!
    Engine also looks sweet....

16. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

ha ha thanks... u keep buggin me on that flex and something gonna snap is your:catfight:
    if you can upload pics you can upload videos

the engine was actually very easy to do... since it's so small. i usually do her engine 3-4 times a year. this last time i did it, i noticed some overspray:what: from when we had it in the shop... definately not noticed until i did this last detail... oh well

17. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

Dust are you going to Detail Fest next year?

18. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

man i really hope so... it's right around my b-day (march 11th) so im hoping i can make it!!!

19. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

I'm 80% sure I'm going..Would like to see all ya'll guys. Maybe Joe.P too LOL!!! Hope he see this...I did hear that TOTO, Ed and Jimmie are going..

20. Nica

Nica Banned

Sweet looks like I'll be able to meet all the guys that have helped me to become the detailer I have become :wicked: