D2G Detail: 2001 Audi TT

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Dust2Glory, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

Wheels: First cleaning was done with sonax and various brushes, 2nd was done with wheel acid on the barrel of the wheel and 3rd cleaning done with acid in barrel and AG CWC on the face of the rim. LSP was 2 coats of BF Metal Sealant

Tires: 2 separate cleanings of Zep Purple with wheel brush, then dressed with 2 coats of water based dressing

Wheel Wells: These were shot to hell... I did several cleanings with Zep citrus and Zep purple with every brush in my arsenal and hitting it with the power-washer and there was still crud caked on. Dressed with water based dressing.

Tail pipes: Initially I washed them with wheel acid to help break up the grime. Then polished out with p21s metal restorer and 0000 wool. Then BF Metal Sealant.

Wash: Rinse, pre-soaked panels with Zep citrus, re-rinse and then foamed with heavy citrus wash. Rinsed and washed various media. ( Top was going to be replaced so nothing was done to it.

Correction Process: D300/105 mix via GG DA and 5.5" PFW for initial correction.
    2nd pass D300 via MF pad and finally 205 via blue black flat pad.

Initial thoughts on d300, was cut was very good, not as much as 105 but finished down nicer and liked longer working time. need more practice with the MF pads as it didn't seem to do the job I've seen it do for others. Practice makes perfect!!

LSP: Initially laid down DS Wet Glaze 2.0, then CG Black Light and finally Power Lock. Final wipe down with QD.

Door Jambs: Zep Citrus and various brushes, rinsed. ONR wipe down then hand polished with Meg's Final Wax System

Glass cleaned and buffed

All plastic trim and grill got Adams S.V.R.T.

Befores:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Correction Pics: Dogs were in garage and went buck wild on the hood and grille of the car, not sure how deep they were and since I don't own a PTG, wet sanding was out of the question.
    [​IMG]

After- Deep RIDS still remain but looks tons better
    [​IMG]
    Different Angle-
    [​IMG]

Driver Side Door Before:
    [​IMG]

After-
    [​IMG]

This picture shows color difference and lack of gloss and flake. Left side of line polished, right side not.
    [​IMG]

Before-
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

More dog scratches-
    [​IMG]

Better, but far from perfect-
    [​IMG]

Faded tail lights-
    [​IMG]

Better-
    [​IMG]

Lame 50/50
    [​IMG]

Trunk before-
    [​IMG]

After-
    [​IMG]

Afters-
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Great work Michael. That Audi was absolutely trashed!!

3. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Hot damn what a transformation! That thing was BEAT! Did a woman own it?

4. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Looks great, I didn't think of using Wet Glaze 2.0 and CG Blacklight together. I used Blacklight today for the first time and I really liked it. One again the car looks great nice work. What was your tire dressing? Still using SCG?

5. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

Thanks man
    Yes it's "her" car, they're spending some money to get it back to good... the interior is flawless and has over 100k miles on it

Honestly I didn't think of it either until I was thinking of what I wanted to do for the LSP, but since the glaze has to cure time, black light is only 45 mins tops, I figured it would be a good starter combo. And my dressing is a precise mix of Meg's HD, Showroom FX White Pearl and some OPT tire dressing

6. detaildoc

detaildoc DB Forum Supporter

Awesome job dude. That car was in really bad shape.

7. butler2.8i

butler2.8i Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Cracking work matey, loving the flake pop