1. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

i am either going to order CWG or CWC from the Chemical Guys website this weekend, i just want to know which would make a better once-a-week wash. I also do not really understand the gloss part of CWG, does the glossing agent leave a film that needs be buffed or do you just wash the car and dry? Feel free to post a comment if you have any experiences with any of these products.

2. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

spoke with paul today about this. for regular washings he said CWC all the way. Just ordered myself a gallon of it infact. im about to put a tropi-care order together so for stripping LSP i will get their citrus cleaner as many members here have said it was great.

3. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

I have both products and I think I'm going to stop buying Citrus Wash & Gloss. CWG is very thick and paste-like, and the chemicals in the 1-gallon container keep separating so every time I want to use it, I have to shake, shake, shake. On the other hand, CWC is a smooth gel just like any other car wash soap. No shaking, just pour it in and mix with water. Because CWG is so thick, it has a hard time mixing/diluting with water.

I have a feeling that CWG is a bit stronger than CWC but I have no proof, and I just find CWC to be so much easier to use. And the answer is no, you just treat CWG like a regular car wash soap, nothing to buff or anything weird like that. It will just leave some light protection behind, that's all. Oh and for what it's worth, I can never get CWG or CWC to strip off existing paint protection when using heavy dilutions for pre-foam, during the wash with my wash buckets, and post-foam.

4. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

I have both and I like the CWC the best. My only issue with CWG is that it seemed to leave a film behind (the gloss agent) after rinsing.