Curious what do you all think about free shipping

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by detailersdomain, Sep 25, 2009.

?

Would you like to see FREE SHIPPING

1. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes on orders over $150

6 vote(s)
    16.2%
  3. Yes on orders over $250

31 vote(s)
    83.8%
  1. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

Yes or No to free shipping

Over $100 Free Shipping

or

Over $250 Free Shipping

2. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Haha! Do you really think anyone will be against free shipping? Now, would we still be able to use the DB code or would we have to choose between the free shipping or the 10% off?

3. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Phil, I am not sure how they do it, but I really am a fan of the $5 flat fee shipping over at Duragloss.

Either way, you cannot beat free shipping period!

4. Atlas

Atlas Birth of a Detailer

x2 for me too

5. dadswrld

dadswrld Birth of a Detailer

Hands down :worship2: it would be free shipping! I would think that free shipping would result in more spending. For that 10, 20,40 on shipping, instead of shipping charges they would be more inclined to buy something else.

What would we have to lose to gain this feature?

6. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Free shipping would be a huge plus for us on the West Coast.

7. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Now why would I want something for free I mean really now... lol!!

8. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I always try to purchase from companies that are out of state and/or have free shipping. They always have priority in my eyes and will always get my business. :)

9. detailersdomain

hmmmm how about a flat ground rate of $9.95?

trying to not go out of business.

10. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Would not be too bad, I just looked at my order history and only 1 was over 9.95 other two were around 9.70 so I guess it would be better for larger orders.

11. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

flat rate shipping of $9.95 on orders under $100, free shipping on orders over $100.

12. kaiten408

kaiten408 Jedi Nuba

I think a flat rate shipping charge would definitely bring you more buisness. With free shipping, people will buy small orders multiple times, versus a flat rate charge where people will stock up on items knowing the shipping is set. just my opinion.

13. detailersdomain

keep them coming guys ......I need to think this thru

14. uzj100

uzj100 Jedi Nuba

Maybe a "sliding" scale? <$100 = $9.95, $100 > $200, $7.95, > $200 $5.95, > $300 free.

Maybe tie this in to some sort of rewards program too? Every 10th order free shipping? I just made $130 order, but my shipping was $30. I took advantage of the 20%, so the shipping essentially negated the savings, but I still saved because my *%&$^ sales tax here 8.25%, so I'm happy.

15. Dsoto87

Dsoto87 Jedi Nuba

To be honest, one thing that has kept me from making more purchases from your site is your shipping rates.

Being located on the west coast any discount offered for whatever reason is usually negated by the huge shipping rate.

I know I personally would shop with you more if you offered some type of discounted shipping.

You could give the option of either choosing say 10% off or a code for say $5 shipping.

I love your mfs but man I have to order a lot to offset the shipping charges

16. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

if you had flat rate or free shipping, i wouldn't be able to stop buying stuff

17. willjco

willjco DB Forum Supporter

It be great to have a flat rate of $10 or $15 for all orders

18. I think supercharged has a great idea. You should also go through your records and see how many people's orders are over $250 versus $0-249. If more people are placing orders that are in that 0-249, free shipping may stimulate more business and get them to buy more products. Instead of having to spend $10 just to get the stuff they ordered, with free shipping they may be more inclined to put that money, or more, towards another product. Of course you tie free shipping in with your great service and you have a business model to grow. 2500 members will be a thing of the past. To expiriment, you could always run a quick sale for a few days and offer free shipping over $100 to see how it would work out.

19. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

Free shipping over 150. I can speak from personal experience, and I'm sure that many others will agree that if I have $100 worth of stuff in my cart I'm gonna put in 50 more for the free shipping, even if I'm broke.

20. detailersdomain

good info guys.