CRSpotless Offical Gb‏

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by Calgarydetail, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

Unfortunately this will only apply in the USA. Please note this.
    Also this a Detailers Domain GB, but only mods can create threads in this section. So you are responsible to pay phil when the time comes thank you

[​IMG]

Most of you know what this machine does.

If not take a look.

Now, you can wash your car, truck, motorcycle, house windows, boat, airplane or RV and simply walk away, no drying required!!

The CR SPOTLESS De-ionized Water Filtration System gives you the same spot-free rinse system used by new car dealers for years. But, now, at a price you can afford and with the convenience you need to make it work for you!

The DIC-20 provides approximately 300 gallons of mineral-free, de-ionized water based on your input water quality. It consists of two 20 inch de-ionization housings that feature replaceable cartridges that simply slide into the watertight housings. The entire unit is mounted on a powder coated, rust resistant rolling cart that makes it convenient to move into position and store away when finished.

SHIPS COMPLETE, READY-TO-USE

with two 20-inch de-ionizing resin cartridges

hose connectors, battery operated water purity indicator

and assembled as pictured.

Product Description:

Hard water spots can destroy your vehicle's finish. That's why CR Spotless Water Systems created a de-ionizing system that takes out all of the minerals in your water so you can just WASH, RINSE, and WALK AWAY! That's right! With a DIC-20 Spotless Water System, you can let your car, RV, house windows, etc., air dry with no worries that hard water spots will appear. Say goodbye to towel drying and the scratches that towels and chamois can cause. You can even give your car a quick 5 minute rinse between washes to keep it looking great all the time.

Besides cars, de-ionized water is perfect for washing and SPOT-FREE rinsing of your:

* Cars/trucks

* RVs

* Motorcycles

* Boats

* Golf Cars

* House Windows

* Patio Furniture

* Decks

Features:

* A water de-ionization system, not a water softener

* Removes ALL minerals and dissolved solids from the water

* Battery operated, in-line TDS meter to monitor the water quality in and out of the system

* Ergonomically designed cart with a padded handle

* Easy to refill resin or replace cartridges when needed

* Seven pattern garden hose nozzle with FLAT setting

* 4' inlet hose to attach to hose spigot

Benefits:

* Produces 100% pure, mineral-free de-ionized water

* Pure water evaporates without leaving any spots behind

* Know when it's time to change or refill the cartridges before spots appear

* Take it anywhere; easily rolls and maneuvers with one hand

* No need to send it back for regeneration

* Flat spray pattern restricts water flow and increases pressure

* Everything is supplied even the car shampoo and mitts!

System Requirements:

* Standard Garden Hose Bib

* Need to Restrict Water Flow to 4 Gallons Per Minute or Less with Supplied Nozzle on FLAT Pattern or Optional Pressure Washer

Expected Yield:

Input TDS Level Expected Yield (# of Gallons)

50 ppm............. 1600 gallons

100 ppm............. 800 gallons

200 ppm............. 400 gallons

400 ppm............. 200 gallons

-----------------

GB Pricing:

DIC20 with cart---$369 shipped

DIC10 with cart----$299 shipped

DI20 without cart ---$330 shipped

DI10 without cart ---$269 shipped

10 to start once we get 10 I will post this up on the GB Section:

2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

let me know if you are interested.

thanks!

3. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Good LORD I can't resist...I'm in.

still deciding which model cuz PhilMINUS has cast the cloud of doubt in my mellon.

4. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

holy crap thats a good price. I may get another :)

Just some advice, get the 20 model, its got a higher flow, even with the 20, its still kind of low, so I can even imagine the 10 :(

And get the cart, just ask Nica..... :)

so what Im saying is.....

GET THE DIC20

5. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Haha, I feel like this:

FMINUS -> :slap: <- MadOzodi

:lol:

DIC20 it is! I'm gonna get some quick disconnects and hook this bad boy up to my washing machine too! Then I'm gonna roll it into my bathroom to take a shower! (OK, maybe not)

6. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

Im in for a DIC-20 can't take the water spots anymore.

7. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

Okay Phil I just ordered

Thanks Again,

-Corey

8. haper

haper Birth of a Detailer

damn, great price - if the GB lingers for a month then i'll have enough cash to join

9. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

Corey,

Order in and credit issued, thanks!

It should ship out from CR in about 48 hours or less.

10. haper

i'm confused, smith2287 ordered through the GB or direct from dd? or was that exchange not related to the GB?

11. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

when I first thought about the system, many things went through my mind and many reasons of why "not to" were considered.

To make a long story short, I would do it again if the system was double the price, its a must in my arsenal.

12. trl2112

trl2112 Two Bucket System Washer

Is this truly a rise and walk away system? Do any of you towel dry after?

13. chefwong

chefwong Birth of a Detailer

For those that own one....long term use...have you guys actually done the whole rinsedown and left it alone with NO towel whatsoever to the paint ? Results, experiences, etc.

14. Nica

Nica Banned

Yes, it truly is rinse and walk away. I personaly still use a waffle weaved micro fiber towel to dry off the vehicle but the advantage is that when I'm detailing those big fire trucks I don't need to worry about water spots..in fact by the time I'm done drying one section the rest of the truck is prity much dry so I'm just wiping off what ever water is left over.

I've put the CR to the test on my Volvo, here is the thing. As long as you keep the PPM levels uner 20PPM's you will have the spotless rinse. As soon as they go above 20PPM's that's when you no longer get the spotless rinse.

So like I said I've tested the CR unit and I used it on my forest green Volvo, washed it rinsed it and let it air dry and it does work however, if dust or anything that's airborne lands on the surface of the vehicle as the vehicle is air drying you will see the spots. I did this inside my garage and my back lane is not paved and it was in the middle of summer and ofcourse cars were passing by on the lane and there was dust outside, some dust landed on the vehicle as it was drying and you could see the dust but other then that there were no white, water spots.

The CR unit really does work only draw back are the resins, not cheap at all and if you have hard water man your going to go through the resins quite fast.

Well hope this helps.

15. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Wolfpacker has done it on his black Jeep in the sun and has told me that there was no water marks at all after letting the water dry.

16. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

What sort of 'maintenance' is required on these? There's replaceable filters for them I assume. What do those run per 300 gallons or whatever they filter?
    Also how do you order? Just buy it from DD? I don't see the group buy pricing there.

*edited for more questions*

I see you need to restrict the water flow. If you were using a Foamaster how do you restrict the flow? It seems like the device comes with nozzle that helps restrict flow so are you limited to that or a pressure washer? What if you chose to use something else?

17. Nica

Nica Banned

Well as far as restricting water flow, just make sure to use/purchase a pressure washer to have a limit of (no grater then) 4GPM. Other wise the filter will not produce enough De-ionized water for the pressure washer. So 4GPM is the golden number for the larger CR unit.

You should be fine though as even the expensive pressure washer (electric ones that is) that I've seen have a maximum of 4GPM..well at least that's what I've seen, as far as literaly redusing the water flow I honestly don't have a clue :confused:

18. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

I'm sure buying a restrictor wouldn't be too difficult. If you have a 5gal. bucket, just time how long it takes to fill it on full blast, then ask your friend Math to help you out. :p

19. haper

There is a thread on this forum that speaks about this in more detail, but it depends on how hard your water is. In that thread there was a link to a US map showing 'water hardness' by region. The more work the filters have to do, the shorter their life-span.

The way i look at it, i'm concerned about the life span of the filter - as such i'd only use the system for my final rinse. I understand the desire for 'clean' water during the wash phase, but i'm not sure its worth the cost.

20. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

Good point!
    :worship2: