Critical Details: AP2 Honda S2000 - Paint Correction

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Outback05XT, May 31, 2013.

1. Outback05XT

Outback05XT Virgin Detailer

I recently had the pleasure of detailing this low mileage 2005 Honda S2000 and wanted to share the video with everyone. A Minor Paint Correction, Interior Rejuvenation Detail and Engine Compartment Detail was performed on this vehicle. I was able to achieve approximately a 95% correction using Mernzerna Final Polish and a white Lake Country polishing pad.

[video=youtube;Kq4Z8um0d_U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Kq4Z8um0d_U[/video]

2. vasaline

vasaline Two Bucket System Washer

is that a rupes 15 or 21 that you used in the video?

3. Outback05XT

The Rupes 15. I rarely use 6.5 inch pads so I decided to buy the Rupes 15 instead of the Rupes 21.

4. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

Great video. You can buy a 21 and switch out the backing plate.

5. Outback05XT

Thank you. I wasn't aware that you could change the size of the backing plate on the 21. I was under the impression that each polisher was balanced for a certain size backing plate and polishing pad.

6. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Some vendors initially made that statement and Kevin Brown proved that they could be changed. I do prefer the 15 over a 21, dunno why, but it feels smoother IME.

Thanks for the video. Great work.

7. Outback05XT

Your welcome. Thank you for the support. I haven't had a chance to try the Rupes 21 but I could see how the smaller orbit might result in a smoother operation.