Craftsman 5/8 in. x 100 ft. All Rubber Hose $30

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by gmblack3, Jun 23, 2008.

1. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I have this hose and it's good just because it's cheap.

The brass couples are not crush proof. As a matter of fact, I drove my truck over it and it's slightly warped now. Enough to where water leaks out of it when I attach things to it. And the hose kinks up like a bastard.

3. haper

haper Birth of a Detailer

+1, i have non-sears rubber hose and its a pain to keep it from kinking up.

4. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

I love my craftsman hose. IME, it's easier to unkink than every other hose I have. Every hose will kink.

5. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I thought there were some hoses out there that actually don't kink or are less than likely to kink. It's really annoying when it does that!!!

6. trl2112

trl2112 Two Bucket System Washer

Take it back. Craftsman are guarantee for life. I read of a guy who took 1 back after he ran it over with the mower.

7. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

This post made me do some searching for hoses. Armadillo hoses are covered in galvanized steel but are like $1/ft. Then there are the Flexeels that are also close to $1/ft.

So, Craftsman bargain ftw.

8. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

I have one from Home Depot or Lowes. I've yet to have it kink on me.
    It's black with a yellow stripe down it. Brass connects.

5/8" x 75' Commercial Hose

9. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I might do that. It's just a paint since the hose is so long. I'd look a bit funny walking into Sears with it!

I might just keep it for garden watering duty for now...

10. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Fluxy, how long have you had it?

11. gmblack3

That one shows $26.98 for my zip. Don't foget to use the Life Takes Visa $10 off $25 purchase coupon. If you have used one already, just use another email address. The name and street address you put in does not matter.

I am going to lowes to get one of these right now. :applause2:

12. Bunky

Bunky Guest

I got a "professional" hose from Walmart (needed a long one). It claimed it was kink proof with 7 plies. I ended up running the lawn mower over it sliced it over. It has an extruded tube and a weak outer mesh. I have no idea what 7 plies referred. Piece of junk. It kinks worse than any house I have had.

13. Mindflux

Bryan,
    One I linked to is a 75 footer. The one that shows 26.xx for my zip is the 50 footer. I hope you can get a 75 for 26.98 (and then less your LTV $10). Keep in mind they have a 100 foot for $43 as well. Not bad with the "LTV" discount either way.

Oh man that's bunk! It's cheaper in Denver than it is here in Austin. I just punched in my old zip code.

14. Mindflux

couple years now. It sat out in the sun for a full year too (for watering my lawn). It's so sun beaten it's grey instead of black now but it still doesn't kink.

15. gmblack3

My local Lowes was the only one within 20 miles that had it for the $26.98 price. So I got that and one other item out the door for $21.xx with the $10 off coupon. Could not pass that up.

Thanks for your post!

16. Mindflux

I hope you enjoy it. Did you pick up that hose from Sears too?

17. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Solid, I think that'll be my next hose purchase. Thanks!

18. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Thanks for the heads up yo!

19. gmblack3

No just the lowes hose.

20. Mindflux

Is this hose also 26.xx for you?

:thud: