CQuartz SoPure

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by agpatel, Dec 5, 2010.

1. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Like some feedback on SoPure, how did you like it, what did you use it for, did it work well (as advertised), worth cost?

I have read a little on it and think it would be a good product to use for odor but dont know if it is worth the premium over something like Megs Odor Eliminator.

2. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

I will be trying it on a 1988 Civic with 250k on the clock. It is beat to hell and really stinky on the inside. I'll post back, PM me if you don't hear back this week.

3. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

I got some on the last GB. I had a faint smoke owner in my Dodge Ram truck. I am not sure if the prior owner was a smoker or not. I sprayed some inside the cabin and it seems to have eliminated the faint odor. I really couldn't find any reviews on it or find detailed instructions for how to use.

It is supposed to be photostatic meaning its activated by light.

4. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I got some samples a while ago and it works wonders. It neutralizes smells immediately and they don't come back. I can't comment on how it handles tobacco odor.

5. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

It smells like 1Z Gummi :)

Oddly enough, not enough sun in SoCal at the moment to try it out LOL

6. Dolchanok

Dolchanok Virgin Detailer

How Photocatalytic Oxidation (TiO2) Works

Photocatalytic oxidation is achieved when you combine UV rays with a TiO2-coated filter. TiO2 refers to Titanium Oxide. This process creates hydroxyl radicals and super-oxide ions, which are highly reactive electrons.

These highly reactive electrons aggressively combine with other elements in the air, such as bacteria and VOCs. VOC is an acronym for Volatile Organic Compounds, which include harmful pollutants such as formaldehyde, ammonia and many other common contaminates released by building materials and household cleaners generally found in the home.

Once bound together, the chemical reaction takes place between the super-charged ion and the pollutant, effectively "oxidizing" (or burning) the pollutant. This breaks the pollutant down into harmless carbon dioxide and water molecules, making the air more purified.

7. billy

billy Obsessive Detailer

We been using So2pure for the last 2 months with great success !!!
    There was two cases at the beginning where i was even afraid to sell the service and it was a car from a guy who love to fish they spill some fish water on the trunk and they try everything to get ride of the smell (we are in the 90ish) and with the summer around the corner in brazil that trunk was a night mare!!!
    we spray 120ml of SOPURE on the carpet and head liner of the car and placed to the sun and leave the windows dow for ventilation with the trunk lid open
    one hour latter there was no smell i wash the car one week latter and the semll never came back

The other car was my wife VW polo i took the car for traveling after one week traveling and smoking inside the car i spray SO PURE on the fabrics one hour on the sun light and leave the windows down for ventilation the car has NO smell of anything at all!!

The main thing its to clean the car perfectly and apply after that if u clean after applying u will removed and will need to spray again its been 2 months so far and both cars has no smell at all

hope this help
    Billy

8. d964

d964 Two Bucket System Washer

So2Pure act with light, as above explained well,
    its also reacting with very low light , not necessary sunshine !! fluorescent light will react as well
    only maybe longer time reaction, but it will eliminate odors, germs, bacterias .. etc..
    for full details you can see the product page .

9. richy

richy Guest

Billy, you should be proud of me: I'm taking the high road and not commenting on the fish story with SO MANY obvious jokes that could come out of that!!! (It's hard no to, LOL).
    The SoPure is undersold in my opinion. When you see what germs and bacteria it's able to kill, selling it strictly as a de-oderizer is a disservice to this product. You got a sick kid? Spray it in their room? Spray household surfaces that routinely carry germs. This stuff keeps on working. Lysol doesn't do that. I think the market for this product is much bigger than the narrow light it's being cast in here.
    I too have used it to remove odours in a car. My FX had a musty smell from putting damp carpets back in and covering them with the rubber ones. Got rid of the smell and it stayed away.

10. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Nice, I may have to pick me up a bottle of it..

11. ltebow34

ltebow34 Birth of a Detailer

I bought 1 liter of it - smells very good lol. Excellent product - you can't be lazy and just not clean but smell does go away, and stay away just like richy say. Very skeptical when I bought liter from GB but I figured if its great then I have large volume at low price - highly recommend - think the 120ml was only 16-17 usd anyway.