Cquartz Cure time?

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by jason827, Nov 3, 2011.

1. jason827

jason827 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Hi everyone, I live in the Greater Toronto Area and have done a couple of cquartz treatments to 3 different cars over the last 3 months. A 2011 Volkswage Jetta, a 2011 Mazda 3, and a 2011 Honda Fit. I have done a scratch resistant and water repel test on all of them but only the Jetta has proven to be successful. I was thinking with my brother last night and have came up with a conclusion that the curing time for the Mazda 3 and Honda Fit was too short. I applied cquartz to the Jetta back in Aug. when the temperature was around 20C. Wait for half an hour for the first wipe, and did another wipe after an hour. The car has been parked in a garage to avoid the rain the the following day and washed in 2 days after the treatment was done. I did the basically treatment to the Mazda 3 and Fit with the same method but ended with failure.
    So, Does colder temperature affects the curing time? I did the other cars in October when the temperature was around 13 C. Should I leave the coating to sit on the paint for a complete 24 hours for the first wipe? and a final wipe down after an hour?

2. tfish1

tfish1 Birth of a Detailer

Are you doing the applications inside a garage?

3. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

Yes, temp and humidity will screw things up. I did 13 coatings this year and one went nad. Its was very hot out, buit the humidity was nenars 100% and we figured that was the major factor.

4. richy

richy Guest

Yes, it does have an effect. If you go to the CQ website, you will see that there is a chart with recommended cure times. 1/2 hour is usually sufficient though. Are you sure the surface was squeaky clean of any and all residue? That is paramount!

5. jason827

jason827 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Yes..I am pretty sure the surface was clean as I did a one step polish and an IPA wipe down in advance of that. The local temperature is dropping to around 5C in Toronto these days, the temperature cannot reach double digital even in the garage. So I am thinking to stop do any Cquartz treatment until next spring.

6. irontree

irontree Two Bucket System Washer

I thought no washing for 7 days with soap.
    Water is fine but no soap.

7. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Avi changed the formulation it cure faster now its like two days now man he also told me it resists hard water spotting better now

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

8. richy

richy Guest

Ya, at 5°C, I would hold off for sure.