Cquartz application questions.

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by supercharged, Mar 17, 2011.

1. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Ok, I'm pretty much ready to polish out my DD, and it will be my lab rat to try out some nano coating. The only experience I have with nano coating is G-techniq G1 - I use it on windshield of all cars and absoluty adore it, holding up very well @ 6 months so far.
    What about Cquart? Can this coating be used on head/taillights? What about trim? Wheels? What's the best way of prepping the finish (besides polishing) to make sure coating bonds correctly?Is there anything else I need to know before I start to make sure I don't screw anything up?
    Thanks in advance.

2. d964

d964 Two Bucket System Washer

Hi
    you can use Cquartz on any surface , headlights ,wheels, windscreen.,trims..
    there are few threads here about the best way to apply..
    in short... must remove all oil/wax/polish residue before... strong wash with DAWN soap can be good way, if you dont have IPA to mix with.
    make sure the surface is well dry.. without droplets hiding (under windows rubbers, in the side mirrors, ....etc...use air pressure to dry all well.
    the cure time before you wipe off is very important... if its very cold between 10 ~15 Deg C. wait at least 40 min before wipping off.
    after all done... avoid soap washing the car for 7 days,... water wash is no problem , just no soaps/shampoo's.

3. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

just applied it on my rear window. video should be done soon

4. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Thank you. It's raining outside, and probably will be all week...I'm planning to do full polishing+Cquartz once we have better weather.

Looking forward to your video.

5. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

im still waiting for my cquartz to come from UK

ill be doing my bonnet only at first to test it as thats the only place nothing im using so far is preventing water spotting

i had a play with it recently at a distributors open day and it seems to go on and come off easy enough, the key is smooth even application going one panel at a time. When i do the doors for eg ill open them so i dont go over the edge adding more product on top of the next side by side panel that has started curing

also grab some small make-up pads and have them on hand for hard to reach areas. You cant come back say 5 mins later after applying on your rear bumper to do the numberplate area for eg, as you may risk running over already curing areas

there is a running cquartz thread