Costco LED work light 1600 lumen, $40!

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by artemis53, Mar 3, 2014.

1. artemis53

artemis53 Jedi Nuba

I just came from Costco, where I picked up a snap on brand LED work light, like the husky ones, but it has 52 LEDs, and is rated at 1600 lumens...all for $40! Great deal, and while it does not come with a tripod, it appears to be able to mount on one, which I will attempt tomorrow and report back.

JessieWax likes this.
  2. artemis53

artemis53 Jedi Nuba

They also have a 2 pack of Duracell 500lumen led flashlights with slide focus for $25.

3. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

I have had my eyes on those lights for a while now. I may pick up a pair the next time I am there and mount them to my Craftsman setup. I would like the option to maybe just use half the lights or all but for the price these cannot be beat.

4. artemis53

artemis53 Jedi Nuba

Being LED, if you have a little know how, I'm sure you could solder up some kind of dual on/off, or a dial for brightness. I can tell you...these things are BRIGHT! And pretty well built. Especially considering the closest ones are the husky for the same price but half the brightness.

I would say a few of these are DEFINITELY worth the purchase price...ideally, I want to get at least 4 of them...but that isn't feasible as of now.

5. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Got a pic?

6. The Driver

The Driver Birth of a Detailer

Your better off building your own, a single high power die is far better than 52 cranked smds.

2200 lumens + 20 mins + 45$
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

nyrep1 likes this.
  7. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

the driver................awesome setup ..can you please provide a parts list

mrgolfrider likes this.
  8. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

A parts list would be great!! Sorry to hijack your thread lol.

9. The Driver

Sorry for the thread Hi-jack.

I got most of this stuff on ebay so price is subjective, you might find it for less or more.

Parts list.
    1x Cowboy studio mini tripod
    1x Studio hut double AC Flash stand head - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003UOSC9E/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    2x Ecosmart Par 30 DAYLIGHT led bulb - Your going to have to ebay these, they are pretty rare as they are discontinued. The new ones are multi die, search around and be paitent till you find the ones that are like mine displayed.

Hope this helps.

mrgolfrider and Lovemycar like this.
  10. Lovemycar

Lovemycar Virgin Detailer

Wow Driver your setup is awesome and very well priced as well. I was getting an idea of how much this would run for, but I'm having a little trouble finding the same tripod. I think this may be it. If you could maybe confirm it that be great. Thanks man and happy detailing! http://www.rakuten.com/prod/cowboystudio-light-stand-5-50-lb-load-capacity-rubber-die-cast/243431580.html?listingId=250665944

11. The Driver

That looks about right.

Lovemycar likes this.
  12. jnicklo

jnicklo New Member

Any other suggestions for the bulbs themselves?

13. Fenderpicks

Fenderpicks Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Thats a good looking setup from Driver.

However... i don't know which bulbs I'm suppose to get lol.

Are they the 75watt flood?

14. The Driver

No, they are 15 watts each. I listed them above, they are ecosmart par30 LEDs. The color is daylight aka 5000k. You need to search ebay for them.

15. The Driver

16. BrecKen

BrecKen New Member

As per artemis53 , grab one or more of these if you need them or are sick of the heat and bulb changing of halogens. I was searching online and $40 will get you 400-500 lumens in a plastic housing. I found this post in my search and headed to Costco and was glad they had a pallet full. Thanks for the tip! I registered just to post this reply in case anyone else might benefit from another review and an update that at least near me (Denver) they're available.

1600 lumens, an aluminum housing, nice grippable tilt adjust knobs, and a sturdy 6' 18 awg cord, for 40 bucks is a crazy good deal. This same model is over $100 on the big A online, and around $60 on e-bay, probably from folks who bought them at Costco. Just got them today, so I can't speak to longevity, but the quality is good, assembly is two bolts to put the base on, and they're suitably bright ( a bright and even 6' X 8' flood on the wall from 6' away, similar to a 300W halogen that I tried next to it). Should save the $40 on bulbs and energy.

If they should go caput I'll update, but a high recommendation out of the box, on both decent quality and a steal of a price.

17. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

The Driver that is one sick little setup! I need to look into that or perhaps the snap-on one. LED's run much cooler then the old school halogen bulbs that's for sure!

18. Franco530

Franco530 New Member

Hello all - new to the forum. Great site fellas!!! Just a quick FYI - Home Depot is currently clearancing out a bunch of LED light bulbs. I'll try to post a couple of pics tomorrow of some great deals on the LED bulbs that are going to be great for this awesome setup. Again great site!
    Regards - Franco