Cordless Electric Leaf blowers?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Chaseme, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

I know this is a topic that has been covered. But I'm curious to hear what you guys think.

I have the previous Chemical Guys Jetspeed and it didn't really blow me away (no pun intended). I was hoping it would shed water away better than it does, but I have to keep the tip about 5 inches from the surface to budge the beading water.

I'm thinking of picking up a cordless electric leaf blower from Home Depot like this Black & Decker model.

[​IMG]

I can only assume it is stronger than the CG model, but wondering if it will do the trick without having to step up to a stronger, plug in model.

Reviewers are saying charges last 5-15 minutes which is perfect for drying a car off IMO.

2. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

What's wrong with corded one, just saying it's not that hard to handle a cord and it will last you a long time. The batteries for will last you 3/4 years max, even if it's cheap it's annoying to have a dying product on your hands

3. hhuynh14

hhuynh14 DB Forum Supporter

I actually have both and they will blow the same... Seems like the one to get is the metro masterblaster..

4. richguy66

richguy66 DB Forum Supporter

I have the exact one listed. It works okay IMO. If you're doing 1-2 cars a full charge will last just fine. It blows a good amount of water off but it's not going to get all the water out of the side mirrors, but for a cordless blower, what more can you ask?

5. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

go to Sears, or any hardware store and buy the 30.00 150mph special, its all you need............

6. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Don't do cordless, the battery life is garbage and as it gets weak, you lose airflow dramatically. You'll only get about 5 minutes of quality air flow. Go with a corded unit.

7. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

8. Kilo6_one

I think its time to upgrade from my whimpy 150 MPH. thanks for the link!

9. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

10. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

I am going with the Metro Air force Blaster soon;)

[video=youtube;NlcR9zjnMfA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlcR9zjnMfA[/video]

11. Kilo6_one

I just cannot wrap my head around spending that kind of money that has only a single use..... I use the leaf blower to clean my patio, cars,dog, home windows etc.

12. Chaseme

Agreed. I just picked up the B&D model from the first post. I will review when I can.

13. Kilo6_one

There are some good shop vacs with 250 MPH blowers, plus you can get a extension on the hose

14. Chaseme

UPDATES:

That Black & Decker sucks (no pun intended). Power dropped down to like 75% after a minute of use.

Even at full power it didn't move water like I hoped. Gunna return it and pick up a plug in electric with more power.

15. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

I have been using one for the past two weeks and its actually worth the price. By far the fastest and most effective way to dry a car, wheels, cowl etc. I used a leaf blower for years and honestly compared to a metro blaster its terrible, plus your holding a 30" plastic stick up to paint, the blaster your hand is right near where the air blows so you have full control and no accidents.

If it makes you feel any better I didnt even buy one, a customer of mine told me to use his when I do his cars and I was shocked how good it worked.

16. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Dave everything you wrote is why I have been wanting to purchase it. I too have been using blowers for years and they are a pain, I much rather use the airforce blaster, thank you for re assuring me I will be making the purchase soon:)

17. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

I'm going to say the metro air force blaster is one bad ass tool!

18. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

The master blaster is really nice but it is definitely more maneuverable and precise on directing air even outside.. It is not cheap but I have not heard anyone admit they wasted $300 but admit it is something probably hard to do.

19. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

I have the metro vac n blo 4 hp and could not imagine having two in the same case. The Metro vac by itself is great for blowing water off of a car.

20. Chaseme

I wish the Master Blaster wasn't 6X the price. :(

Bunky is right though; I have never heard anyone regret the purchase.