Confused bewtween MF pads and foam pads?

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by dogma, Jan 27, 2013.

1. dogma

dogma DB Forum Supporter

Why would you use MF pads instead of foam on a PC? Are one type better than the other?
    For Wolfs shine and seal or Prima Amigo I use the blue uber foam pad. I see both microfiber cutting and finishing pads at walmart.
    Confused please explain.

2. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

In my experience, mf pads cut faster and clean out easier. For softer paints foam is still needed though.

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

On the PC, mf pads will cut way faster than foam and on most paint will leave a finish nice enough to go straight to your LSP. Softer paints like Porsche, Subaru etc would require you to follow up with a foam finishing pad as the mf discs tend to leave micromarring on softer paint. Like foam pads, mf discs come in cutting and finishing varieties. Most guys have found that polishing with mf and finishing with foam works best. The Meguiars MF discs have a bit more cut to them than the Optimum ones but also tend to clog up faster.

4. dogma

dogma DB Forum Supporter

thanks, is Mazda paint soft or hard ?

5. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Couldn't say honestly. Can't remember ever having one in my shop.

6. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

Mazda paint tends to be soft.

7. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

Pretty soft. Not honda soft though. Done plenty of Mazda's as I sponsor a Mazda forum.

sent using my thumbs, mispelling most words