Competition Forum

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by DB Boss, Oct 8, 2007.

?

How does a Competition Forum sound to you?

1. Good idea, I will compete.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Not interested, I post for pure enjoyment.

13 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. DB Boss

DB Boss DB representative

I've been contemplating of starting a detailing competition forum. It would be very simple, members would post there best detail using any product they wish to use and at the end of the month Nica and Calgarydetail would pick the best detail entered in the competition. Another thought about who would judge/who would pick the winner is that I would leave it up to the members to vote who they think has the best detail. Rather then putting the pressure on the Mod's perhaps have the members involvement and that way it would be up to the members to vote.

I haven't worked out the rules just yet but those affiliated with the forum may enter but will not win, sorry guys. The rules would be simple but still requires some thought.

The winner will receive a price, what that price will be is a surprise. The winner would be notified via PM and information will be exchanged. Trust me the surprise will not disappoint.

I'd like to hear what your thoughts are on this idea of mine and if any one of you has any feed back please feel free to share.

2. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

I think its a great idea.

3. richy

richy Guest

I'm game..2 in particlular come to mind.

4. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

i think thats a great idea, i wont be able to win but hey i would still post.
    I encourage everyone to post pictures anyway but to say they one for a certain moth really gets people fired up.

I thnk its a great idea

5. Nica

Nica Banned

Man we (Calgarydetail and my self) wont be able to win booo...lol...joking sounds like a good idea though.

6. richy

richy Guest

When can we start? Will this be a monthly thing? Very cool indeed!

7. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

:) I love it!

8. Nica

Nica Banned

I think it should be monthly too but not sure when it's going to be implemented. I wonder if we have enough members to impliment it right away...mmm..:confused: I'll ask. Hopefully it will be implemented soon though.

9. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Sounds like a great idea :D although I wouldn't win with all these pros over here :p

10. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

well folks we have 4 votes, and morethen 4 members. This is a test of forum particpation. Please let you voice be heard. If we dont get many people interetd then there is no point

So vote now

11. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Prizes...Umm heck yeah it sounds like a good idea!!!

12. Divine Detail

Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

sounds good to moi!

13. distrbd

distrbd New Member

Sounds good to me too,hey Mike could we get some of your vintage wax to try for the competition:D j/k.

14. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

Sounds good! Oh wait a minute it want be fair. Nica is my brother from another mother! LOL!!! J/K.....:rollinglaugh:

15. Nica

Nica Banned

:rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh: No worries bro, it's all in the name of :buffer::buffer:

hahhahaha :rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh:

16. Nica

Nica Banned

Well I've been chatting with DB Boss and we feel its time we open up this competition, there are plenty of members now and the only thing now is that I'm going to finalise the rules and most importantly how the winner will be chosen. I think it wold be best to leave it up to the public to choose and one thought I'm having is using the rating options on the forum (rating stars) the thing is that what if we have three or four members with 5 stars..what then...:confused:..well I'll be working out these minor details over the holidays so come the new year (January) the Monthly competition will begin and prices will be shipped out world wide.

Stay tooned for the rules and most importantly for how a winner will be chosen.

If any of you have anythoughts and wish to share I'm open to suggestions :peace:

Oh one last thing is that there will be two different competitions one for Show and Shine and a ceperate one for the Pro Club section, the Pro Club sectino is a subsctiption area so only those that have subscribed to such section may enter and minor details are bein worked out as well stay tooned for this one too.