Comparative pricing of detailing vs other services

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Bunky, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Bunky

Bunky Guest

Yesterday, I happened to see this vehicle.
    [​IMG]

My first thought is this cannot be cheap either. I think for some detailers to get more average person customers they need to show the value compared to other personal services (house cleaning yard work, hair preparation, pet grooming, etc).

In my part of Raleigh, I have only seen one mobile detailer. He did not look like a guy for the area (upscale places in North raleigh up to Wake Forest).

For example, our neighborhood has a services directory of recommended services (roofing, yard work, handymen, etc) used by people in the neighborhood but never seen a detailer mentioned.

2. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I've seen them around my area (North Philly suburbs). It's about 10-15% more than your average dog grooming service. It's convenient ... I have tried several times to schedule an appointment around my area and they are always booked for weeks in advance. The only place is never booked is PetSmart because they are really expensive ...

I own a Sheltie and I learned to groom it. It's not that difficult (paws, ears, legs), but it all depends on the breed.

3. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

I've seen one of those in my area, Central Texas... but their van is not that nice!!!

4. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I seen a van like this (I think it was different company) before...I think they are not cheap...

5. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

They are not cheap, my GF looked into hose much something like that would cost for her dog and it was not cheap by any means, at least around our area. I dont remember the price, I will see if she remembers.

6. meanguns

meanguns Virgin Detailer

When I lived in MA I used to use a dog day care service called Furry Tails. They would come to the house and pick up my dog in a short bus (it was fitting for him). They would drop him back off usually just before I got home. It was the funniest thing to see the bus driving down the street with 20 dogs looking out the windows while they were seatbelted into the seats. It wasn't too bad at $30/day.

[​IMG]

7. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

anybody seen episode of Pimp My ride where they hooked dudes van up and set it up for mobile grooming? lol

^^your dog probably hated you for that, had to ride in SHORT bus lol