Coming Soon: Sonax Wheel Cleaner

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by detailersdomain, Mar 9, 2010.

1. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

SONAX Full Effect Wheel Cleaner

[​IMG]

Precision Wheel Cleaner for safe and effective removal of brake dust and stubborn dirt

SONAX Wheel Cleaner is a highly effective, acid-free and pH balanced rim and wheel cleaner that is safe for all wheels, including aluminum and alloys. This formulation is also effective and safe for use on painted wheels and will not deteriorate clear coats.

SONAX Wheel Cleaner contains unique chemical ingredients that effectively dissolves the sintered iron by forming a water soluble iron complex. During the use of your vehicle, brake dust and road grime become sintered to the surface of rims and wheels due to the high temperature conditions they are normally exposed. Brake dust contains high levels of iron and once sintered to the rim, becomes extremely difficult to dissolve or remove without the use of harsh chemicals.

SONAX Wheel Cleaner sprays on as a thick, flourescent grean foam. As the cleansing foam begins to work into the dirt and grime, the formula begins to turn red. The red coloration is the SONAX Wheel Cleaner forming a bond to the sintered iron on the wheel and changing its state to a water soluble complex for easy removal. Stubborn, baked on grime may take a small amount of agitation. Rinse wheels thoroughly with a power washer and wipe dry.

MSRP - $19.99.

So here is the test I did over the weekend. First I used this on the VW R32 and got amazing results, unfortunately no pictures.

Was able to do some more testing and the test subject a 2010 Audi S4, with all the bad weather I figured this was a great time to test it out. 4-5 weeks without washing the car (due to rain, snow, northeast winter)

Take a look I followed the instructions to the tee and got some amazing results, dare I say this will be a hit! I'm going to say even better than my favorite wheel cleaner.

Before shot of the wheel
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sprayed it on, and it was immediately green as stated in the directions
    [​IMG]

Started to turn purple within minutes
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Take a look at it cleaning. (this was after quickly using the Uber Spoke Brush and Uber Boar's Hair Brush nothing crazy just a quick brushing)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Used a power washer (Cam Spray) and they looks great!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Needless to say I was impressed so impressed we will be carrying this asap.
    I know most know what my favorite wheel cleaner is here and I've been using it for 15 years and I think I just found its replacement.

Updated: with the HUGE Response on this item I will start the pre ordering now. Shipment should be here in 5-7 days.

Click here to reserve yours today SONAX Wheel Cleaner. (Don't forget to add your discount code)

Videos
    [video=youtube;764t1FEBxlY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=764t1FEBxlY[/video]
    [video=youtube;2Rn8tekediI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rn8tekediI[/video]

2. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Looks like a nice product Phil. Does look kinda like blood though!

3. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

oh man, i want some of this just for the color change :D . looks like a ton of fun to use

4. mutmanns

mutmanns DB Forum Supporter

Did I just hear you say you may consider moving to a different wheel cleaner. Wow. You must really be impressed.

5. detailersdomain

yup you heard that one right. trust me this stuff is some crazy stuff, I'm rarely impressed by any wheel cleaner and let me tell you I'm very happy.

6. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

how much for it for over 500ml? are you going to carry 1L or 5L too?

7. detailersdomain

I was so impressed by it I already requested them to get me pricing and immediate shipment of

5 ml or 2.6 gallons we just need some aggressive pricing on it out there.

8. detailersdomain

I would say I liked this better than Bilberry.

9. Strytnyne

Strytnyne DB Forum Supporter

p21s is gonna miss you

10. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Man I'm sold !!!!!!!!!!! Count me in on some of this !!! WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. detailersdomain

lol maybe

12. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Oh yeah!!!

13. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Nice, it really does look like blood all over the wheel...will pick up a bottle if the price is right ;)

14. Minicoop831

Minicoop831 Birth of a Detailer

Color change is pretty darn sweet

15. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

looks way coooool hehehe nickname should be the HULK cleaner, lol j/k

16. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

So what sizes are you planning on carrying phil? Any 5L sizes or gallons?

17. pushtiulk

pushtiulk Guest

If you like Sonax more than Bilberry, I will try Sonax :))

18. lasthope05

lasthope05 Jedi Nuba

Isnt there a Sonax Extreme rim cleaner also thats supposed to be stronger than the regular but just as safe? I think Carn, a member, uses this.

19. detailersdomain

working on larger sizes.

20. anbuzero

anbuzero DB Pro Supporter

Ive used this first hand and agree its an awesome product. not only is it effective but the color change is cool lol. highly suggest adding it to your wishlist