Collinite 845 in rainstorm after 3 mo.

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by DaytonaJae, Jun 1, 2012.

1. DaytonaJae

DaytonaJae Birth of a Detailer

Got caught in a freak rainstorm yesterday and all I could think about was "I have to get home to video the beading!"

3 month old coat of Collinite 845 on the hood of the Prius. Watch in 720p quality to see the water better. Not bad but nothing earth shattering, but was fun to see it rain that hard and wanted to capture it :)

http://youtu.be/pJ7tig8AM7w

2. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

I had to watch it 3 times to see it :p Not only in 720p, but in full screen! Lookin' good. I love waking up on a rainy morning and seeing the water bead off my car too! (825 + AGHD) BTW, why a Prius?

3. ACE2790

ACE2790 Jedi Nuba

Haha, sort of hard to see simply because it's far away and a silver car. But I can attest to the durability of the 845 as my silver Acura TSX has it as well.

4. DaytonaJae

DaytonaJae Birth of a Detailer

Its my GF's kid hauler :)

5. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

Ahhhhhh. I kinda got worried about a fellow car nut for a second there :p :lol:

6. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

collinite 845 always stops beading after about 4 weeks for me.... no matter how well i prep it before application.

7. LostHighway

LostHighway Jedi Nuba

Well Chicago air quality isn't always the best. Where are you? The far northeast is my old turf. I lived in Uptown and Rogers Park and close friend of mine just moved back to Minnesota about a year ago after decades in Edgewater. I'm not sure I'd want to live there again but I think Chicago is one of the half-dozen or so authentically great cities in the USA. It is too bad politics and government are so foul in Illinois and in Cook County/Chicago.

8. crimsondr

crimsondr Virgin Detailer

After it stops beading, is the protection still good? Or do I need another coat of 845?