Collinite 476s and 845 Insulator at Harbor Freight

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by funfactor89, Feb 22, 2008.

1. funfactor89

funfactor89 Virgin Detailer

Just thought i would let everyone know that i was at Harbor Freight and they had a sale on Collinite i paid $10.99 each for the wax.:yikes:

2. richy

richy Guest

Good find there.

3. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I did not even know they sold it there!

4. PTJD

PTJD Any Rag Vehicle Washer

5. O4COBRA

O4COBRA Birth of a Detailer

Haha. Don't mean to bring up an old thread. Just wanted to say thanks. Stopped by there last night and picked up some 476S. I found my new favorite wax for my daily beater. I also think it has a better look than 845. Either way I'm very happy. Thanks!!!

6. boogiejoe

boogiejoe Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I've seen it, it's the new can style as well. the 476s works great on anything that doesn't get much exposure like door jambs, under the trunk, bottom of ground effects, etc.

7. agentf1

agentf1 Jedi Nuba

Why do you say this?

I thought 476s was supposed to be very durable no matter where it was used?

8. blk45

blk45 Jedi Nuba

I don't know why he said it either. 476 is very durable period. It outlasts most sealants.

9. dengood1

dengood1 Birth of a Detailer

I searched on Harbor Freight and didn't get any returns when searching for "Collinite":shead:

10. Chocolab

Chocolab Virgin Detailer

For some reason, Harbor Freight has two websites. The one that's been around for a while and the one that I always used is harborfreight.com. No wax on this one. The other one, which seems newer but doesn't show prices, is harborfreightusa.com. The Collinite shows up there.

Anyway, I remembered seeing some wax on clearance at my local HF a few weeks ago, but didn't recognize the brand so I didn't pick any up. For some reason a few days ago, my memory was jogged about it, and I did some searching and found out that it was quality stuff. So I called my store to see if they still had any in stock, and they had one more can of the paste for $7. Went to buy it along with a couple other cheap things, and as I was walking out of the store I realized my total bill was only $7-something. Checked the receipt, and the wax rang up at $2. :thumb:

Needless to say, if they had more, I would go stock up.

In fact, my store had several bottles of the insulator wax left, and although I've always been a paste guy, I'm seriously thinking about buying at least one bottle of the liquid.

Why? Because I can't believe how much wax has gone up! Just a few years ago I'd buy cans of Blitz wax for about $15. Now it's almost $30! So bargains like this are a welcome sight.

11. edwinbong

edwinbong DB Forum Supporter

good find if you can find them...ive visited a couple stores and they had never even heard of it